Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

Just now, MotoMkali said:

Dave and TRO continuing the circle jerk of hate I see

And rodders

Hate?

I said he is not very good at anything? For a winger he isn't great at dribbling, not particularily fast, doesn't use jis height or frame, can't go past people,  has got one of the worst touches I have ever seen, doesn't get involved much. On any given day if he catches fire he can rocket one in. That is about it.

Being a winger is a numbers game and generally ,  even in the Championship his numbers were really poor.

He is not good enough. For where we are atm I will suck it up and hopefully we don't have to start him more than double figures.

For where I want us to he he doesn't even train with the first team.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

While in some way I agree in some ways I dont as well, I've a feeling we may see one or both sold in the summer.

Hope so. Neither is remotely good enough for where we want to be as a club. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dave-R said:

Was not our best player, I'd say that goes to Taore since he actually did make something happen. I'd also say the best were our defence for not letting more in.

Traore created no chances and was in decent position twice for chances that were created down the left by el ghazi for the first chance and Targett for the 2nd one. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

what on earth are you talking about....we was playing well then....I could have scored 5......what does he do in a game?

do you watch Watkins move around the front line.....thats energy and industry....when does ElGhazi do, his wing equivalent of that?, when does he beat his man and win his duels, when does he play players in?...he just stands off and sulks.

He doesn't do enough at this level.

For Ghazi to get a goal it takes 30 shots a game, okay I'm exaggerating by 10 so yeah 20 shots a game.

• Haha 1

Aren't his numbers better than Adama Traore despite significantly less minutes?

I actually think he's technically a decent player but there are other aspects missing that mean he'll never be a top level wide player. Last season I thought it was a lack of heart which meant he disappeared in too many tough away games but like Targett he corrected that this season.

He's hardly the first wide player in football history to be like that, most actually are exactly those types.

Remember a decade ago we were signing someone like N'zogbia who was relatively proven in premier league and then two years later rubbish punts like Tonev so we've signed far worse than him in relatively recent memory.

He reminds me a bit of Scott Sinclair tbh who was another who scored the odd good goal and had decent technique but was so often on the fringes in a poor team.

Edited by VillaChris

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

Traore created no chances and was in decent position twice for chances that were created down the left by el ghazi for the first chance and Targett for the 2nd one. 

Must be watching a different game because second half Traore did more in like 20 mins than Ghazi did all the time he was on the pitch.

I thought he was good in the game, had flashes which is what you get with a winger. Involvement in the run up to the goal, some clever touches. Certainly more composed than his replacement. Harshly dropped for Barkley and has something in those feet. Don't want him as a starter, but not many have a backup of his quality. 

9 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Dave and TRO continuing the circle jerk of hate I see

And rodders

Not hate at all it's called common sense in identifying weak players in our team who do need to be moved on and replaced with a better calibre of player.

• Like 1

El Ghazi and Trzeguet are where we were last season. However next season or two we need to replace them. Those two lads at Lille (Ikone and Bamba) I've been on about are perfect for us. Harvey Barnes is what we need from El Ghazi and Trezequet. 

We need more pace in the forward positions. Pace includes speed of thought, anticipation as well as running speed. These two don't have it.

But they're bottom 6 premier League players and we've outgrown that.

Edited by Sulberto21

56 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Aren't his numbers better than Adama Traore despite significantly less minutes?

I actually think he's technically a decent player but there are other aspects missing that mean he'll never be a top level wide player. Last season I thought it was a lack of heart which meant he disappeared in too many tough away games but like Targett he corrected that this season.

He's hardly the first wide player in football history to be like that, most actually are exactly those types.

Remember a decade ago we were signing someone like N'zogbia who was relatively proven in premier league and then two years later rubbish punts like Tonev so we've signed far worse than him in relatively recent memory.

He reminds me a bit of Scott Sinclair tbh who was another who scored the odd good goal and had decent technique but was so often on the fringes in a poor team.

So are you saying, given the opportunity with Wolves to swap, you would decline.?

I think can think of rakes of players who we have had over the years,worse than El Ghazi.....but I think we are drifting off the subject,slightly.

• Like 1

To say he's not good at anything is plain wrong. Those saying that should try and learn about football.

He has ability, but 0 belief in himself. He's also a very anxious player, never takes his time on the ball, always looks in panic mode.

I didn’t think he was good enough when we got promoted and I still don’t. Eventually, we will get round to upgrading him but other areas have required our attention beforehand. 

Don’t think he’s had a bad season as it goes and I’m sure we’ll get a decent fee for him when he moves on. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TRO said:

So are you saying, given the opportunity with Wolves to swap, you would decline.?

I think can think of rakes of players who we have had over the years,worse than El Ghazi.....but I think we are drifting off the subject,slightly.

As strange as it may sound, I wouldn’t.

Not because I think AEG is brilliant, but because Adama is a bit crap.  

I’d swap him for Podence or Neto though.

• Like 1

I think he did all right all things considered, in the first half he probably was our best player out of the front 6 and was playing against two right backs which were meant to contain grealish. 

Not great by any means, but with what was going on around him it would've taken a world class performance to be "great". 

• Like 3

Â