Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

16 hours ago, Thug said:

As strange as it may sound, I wouldn’t.

Not because I think AEG is brilliant, but because Adama is a bit crap.  

I’d swap him for Podence or Neto though.

So would I, but that wasn't what was implied.

16 hours ago, Thug said:

As strange as it may sound, I wouldn’t.

Not because I think AEG is brilliant, but because Adama is a bit crap.  

I’d swap him for Podence or Neto though.

Traore was excellent last season.  I think he would be better than El Ghazi

Thought he was fine at the weekend and id have kept him on the pitch personally. I think his role in the squad is back up for the left hand side of the front three, which means game time is always going to be limited. He is what he is really, capable of popping up with a goal and looks decent when the team plays well as a whole, but never going to be able to grab the game by the scruff of the neck singlehandedly at this level.

• Like 4

Didn't deserve to be brought off ahead of Ross, particularly when the options we had on the bench were all better suited to playing on the right or in the middle.  Bizarre sub, when Ross should clearly have come off first. Dean got this one wrong for me, but I'm not sure it would have made a difference to the end result.

AEG should keep the spot for next game, and we should change the middle of the midfield to get a true reflection of what he's capable of.  May even see the form we saw when Jack was playing in the middle if he has a number 10 that is willing to run and create space.

• Like 1

On 22/02/2021 at 03:23, WooJung said:

I think he did all right all things considered, in the first half he probably was our best player out of the front 6 and was playing against two right backs which were meant to contain grealish. 

Not great by any means, but with what was going on around him it would've taken a world class performance to be "great". 

He had to score 5 in 5 for people to start to get off his back a bit :lol:

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Let alone the goal, he's really trying today with the work he's putting in and that's what we all want to see from him. His issue is that there are times when he just doesn't put enough work in.

He is very much a confidence player like a lot of wingers, he scores early on and feels like a million dollars.  Nice technique for the goal too.

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

He is very much a confidence player like a lot of wingers, he scores early on and feels like a million dollars.  Nice technique for the goal too.

Yeah he lives in his own head half the time. It's a shame really as games like these show what he can do - it's just he doesn't maintain the form/effort levels enough.

Â