Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

15 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don't support any player for a first team place, if they don't work....we just happened to be discussing El Ghazi.

Sorry.

it’s just that you quoted and replied to a post that was comparing AEG to RB

3 minutes ago, Thug said:

Sorry.

it’s just that you quoted and replied to a post that was comparing AEG to RB

sorry, also....I wouldn't normally do that, because 2 not working is just as bad.

They are both not bad players, just need to win their duels a bit more.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TRO said:

we see him different to you...not lazy.

Then evidently you do not watch him. 

It is a lazy take based off a few moments of inattentiveness. Trez leaves his man as often as el ghazi but he doesn't get slated to the same extent or anywhere near as often for it. Wingers typically don't have great defensive awareness and attacking a player for it is just ridiculous especially when he is clearly a hard worker because if you watch him when he loses a ball he gets right back and tries it win it. Which is more than you can say for Barkley. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Then evidently you do not watch him. 

It is a lazy take based off a few moments of inattentiveness. Trez leaves his man as often as el ghazi but he doesn't get slated to the same extent or anywhere near as often for it. Wingers typically don't have great defensive awareness and attacking a player for it is just ridiculous especially when he is clearly a hard worker because if you watch him when he loses a ball he gets right back and tries it win it. Which is more than you can say for Barkley. 

you have no idea, what my take is.....I just don't agree with you, on this....my opinion is based over months of watching him, not a couple of selected moments as you suggest.

Barkley has been out of sorts too....but Barkley is not our player to worry too much about and I have seen much more of El Ghazi to form my opinion.

I have said repeatedly, if you pay attention....He is not a bad player.....but as we ascend through the league, working hard like Jack and Ollie does is a pre-requisite.

I don't think he does, I think he loses the ball and loses focus too...and waits for someone to win it back....and I am not just talking about tracking back, I am talking about winning duels and holding the ball, keeping possession.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, TRO said:

you have no idea, what my take is.....I just don't agree with you, on this....my opinion is based over months of watching him, not a couple of selected moments as you suggest.

Barkley has been out of sorts too....but Barkley is not our player to worry too much about and I have seen much more of El Ghazi to form my opinion.

I have said repeatedly, if you pay attention....He is not a bad player.....but as we ascend through the league, working hard like Jack and Ollie does is a pre-requisite.

I don't think he does, I think he loses the ball and loses focus too...and waits for someone to win it back....and I am not just talking about tracking back, I am talking about winning duels and holding the ball, keeping possession.

To much backing off and standing off people and reluctant to go win the ball like others in the team.

We seem to have players allowing time to pass by while the ball is under the control of the opposition, all while we just watch and let them move in on around the pitch.

I'll say again we looked ruthless before covid scare at the club, we now look like a Sunday league team as far as taking the ball, retaining it and passing it smartly.

All that game needed was for us to pass through the middle at times but teams know that's not going to happen much and we go to the flanks.

As for Ghazi I've said it before many a time, now and again you get two or three games he gets some goals the rest of the season is as flat as a flat screen tv.

Come summer the wise move would be to put a nail in this coffin and move the lad on for the good of the club and for him, hes not a consistent performer at this level. People can defend him all they like but the proof is in the pudding that we need more than what he offers, the club is moving forward and if we keep players like this then at a business level and a team level we will not move forward much. We looked alot better without Ghazi in the side today when he was subbed.

Same can be said about Elmo who will most likely leave and we have a replacement in for him also in Summer. McGinn I think will move to the bench in time soon as we find better.

I personally think Barry should be put on that bench to give Watkins some rest in games.

The moment Grealish was out I had a feeling we would lose, we did good in the second half we just needed something more than just Traores goal, we needed that second or third.There is still much work to do despite how well we've done.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

To much backing off and standing off people and reluctant to go win the ball like others in the team.

We seem to have players allowing time to pass by while the ball is under the control of the opposition, all while we just watch and let them move in on around the pitch.

I'll say again we looked ruthless before covid scare at the club, we now look like a Sunday league team as far as taking the ball, retaining it and passing it smartly.

All that game needed was for us to pass through the middle at times but teams know that's not going to happen much and we go to the flanks.

As for Ghazi I've said it before many a time, now and again you get two or three games he gets some goals the rest of the season is as flat as a flat screen tv.

Come summer the wise move would be to put a nail in this coffin and move the lad on for the good of the club and for him, hes not a consistent performer at this level. People can defend him all they like but the proof is in the pudding that we need more than what he offers, the club is moving forward and if we keep players like this then at a business level and a team level we will not move forward much. We looked alot better without Ghazi in the side today when he was subbed.

Same can be said about Elmo who will most likely leave and we have a replacement in for him also in Summer. McGinn I think will move to the bench in time soon as we find better.

I personally think Barry should be put on that bench to five Watkins some rest in games.

The moment Grealish was out I had a feeling we would lose, we did food in the second half we just needed something more than just Traores goal, we needed that second or third.There is still much work to do despite how well we've done.

too right....He is a championship player Dave.

we need a lookman, character for that role.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Would cash in end of the season. Would be a waste to give him a new deal. He's helped get us up and keep us up but we need to start moving these types on like we'll do with Conor in the summer.

Purple patch over xmas should mean we get back at least what we paid for him if not more as he's still mid 20s.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Unsure why he was replaced. Trez was much worse than him. 

While in some way I agree in some ways I dont as well, I've a feeling we may see one or both sold in the summer.

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

This is just getting ridiculous. I don't understand how people keep slating him on here when he was our 2nd best player today worked hard to shut down Pereira and Castagne.

6 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I personally think Barry should be put on that bench to five Watkins some rest in games.

The moment Grealish was out I had a feeling we would lose, we did food in the second half we just needed something more than just Traores goal, we needed that second or third.There is still much work to do despite how well we've done.

**** off with this BS

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Unsure why he was replaced. Trez was much worse than him. 

He had very little impact on the game again today. People want to lay into Traore for somehow not being both a winger and a full-back all in one, despite the work he does put in defensively, but AEG does a lot less, every time. He's just not good enough. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Thug said:

Couldn’t disagree more

The improvement happened when we brought on Ramsey for Barkley.

Bringing Trez on for El Ghazi was a huge step backwards.

Thank you. The 10 minutes with trez and Barkley was the most uninspiring stretch of football I've seen from us all season. 

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

This is just getting ridiculous. I don't understand how people keep slating him on here when he was our 2nd best player today worked hard to shut down Pereira and Castagne.

**** off with this BS

off to spec savers mate...it will do you good.

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Indeed he is and indeed we do. I just dont understand some people, if they had there way they'd collect all the players at Villa who just do abit here and there and wed be a nothing team because of it..

If a player cant perform for a fair bit of the season what is the point in having them here, they are taking up space in a team where it could otherwise be taken up by someone who has the goods required to cause havoc in alot of games.

We need reliability from Trez, Ghazi, Barkley, McGinn and it's not happening lately.

• Like 2

Â