Ørjan Nyland

Jareth

24 minutes ago, sne said:

Who knows, maybe he can have the same impact and development for us this season as Steer had last season.

Great game tonight.

Maybe... tough call whether to stick with Orjan or get someone new in... we could use the money elsewhere and Steer is coming back at some point...

• Like 3

Absolutely fantastic performance.

he has the minerals so let’s give him backing, two good games back to back so he’s done alright.

yes he will make a mistake at some point but he’s earned a respite anyway. Him and 
Mings 100% kept us in this tie 

• Like 4

I think he’ll do fine. Very good tonight and really worth noting where he’s come from given the confidence he’ll have lost plus the long term injury. Obviously has a fantastic attitude. 

He WILL make mistakes. All goalkeepers do. Let’s please not get on his back when it happens. 

• Like 4

Lad done well, cant argue with his performances this season. Oddly looks 18 yet it 10 years older, a useful trait to have when hes 50 🤣

Still like Reina to come in, steer will be out a while yet, Heston not coming back for at least this season maybe longer, kclanic off so we need the experience. 

Nylands shirt to lose at the moment 

Excellent game for him but the one criticism I have of him is that he seems to dive late for low crosses and was saved on numerous occasions by mings' brilliant positioning.

My eyes are pretty shit though so he could have gotten out in time but I think it is a concern because people will keep playing those balls and one will get through and it will be a sitter and he will be crucified for it no matter whether he had a good game aside from that or not and that would really knock his confidence. 

1 hour ago, Villarocker said:

Brilliant tonight and so far hasn't done anything worse than how Heaton was performing. 

Last season, he was a disaster waiting to happen in every game. 

Maybe, just maybe, Nyland is a perfect example of what we can expect when we give a foreign player, new to league and the English game/culture etc, time to settle down and get used to his surroundings. 

This gives me hope for all the other new boys. 

Absolutely spot on!

Also when Cutler came in last season and was giving his first interview to the club, he spoke a lot about the mental side of the game and helping players with that - I'm sure he's definitely helped Nyland in that regard too.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Had a decent game.

He's kicking was poor i thought, but made up for it with some decent saves.

I'm sure Smith would say the saves he made was saves he is expecting him to make. But looks improved since last season.

Didnt you say 5 pages back he was awesome and looked more assured than Heaton

Since he became No. 1 you have been critical. Like some sort of boring copy and paste troll 

Â