Ørjan Nyland

Jareth

3 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

He did make a couple of really good saves.  It's a big call to make but we probably need to prioritise other areas in the window.

Plus Steer should be back in Feb and sarkic is also a capable keeper. Whilst it isn't good that Heaton got injured it isn't the end of the world either. One of those 3 will be an adequate enough keeper for the rest of the season. 

• Like 1

You want to go down?

We 100 % need a new keeper. Orjan been ok in his few cameos this season but that is a very small sample size.

Massive gamble to trust Orjan. A risk i would not take. Anyone remember the Forest game? 5 shots on target 5 goals.

Clearly DS doesn’t rate ON to be our No.1. When asked in his presser about Hart he stared that there are a number of GK candidates out there but wouldn’t mention names. Then, as a sort of an aside, he said that we also have 2 international keepers in ON and LK. No ringing endorsement of ON and I think it obvious that he’s looking to sign a GK on loan. Would see Hart as the sort of big voice, leader type that DS and NC would like. Personally, don’t rate Hart and feel that Orjan has looked very confident since coming back into contention; I guess DS and NC see enough to doubt him as our no 1 in. 

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I can’t work out if the second goal was unstoppable. Nyland seemed to get his angles wrong. Maybe I’m being harsh but I reckon Heaton would have saved that. 

I think your being a little harsh. The ball moves and dips at the death. It's virtually right under the bar in the corner. If that was McGinn netting that you'd all be talking about the keeper having no chance. 

Just now, avfc1982am said:

I think your being a little harsh. The ball moves and dips at the death. It's virtually right under the bar in the corner. If that was McGinn netting that you'd all be talking about the keeper having no chance. 

Fair enough.  It wasn’t a criticism of the Nyland. More a reflection on what top keepers may be capable of but you can never really appreciate it until they are no longer in goal. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fair enough.  It wasn’t a criticism of the Nyland. More a reflection on what top keepers may be capable of but you can never really appreciate it until they are no longer in goal. 

I also had to look at it to be fair but his standing position is good. he's fully extended. I also think he is slightly unsighted due to the 5 yard stand off the midfield gave Arter. I'm more pissed at the midfields inability to close down opponents in these areas to be quite honest. I thought the 3 in midfield were abysmal yesterday. Very closely followed by the wide players and FB's.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Very glad Smith is looking at options. 

Nyland was barely a championship keeper and people want to put their faith in him to keep us up.

Crazy

Yep it's a nonsense.

Stick with Nyland and we'll have a great chance at going down. He's a mess of a keeper, never seen a keeper concede so many long range shots and seldom seen so many goals go through a keeper. 

It's a massive relief to me to see that we're looking for a keeper this window.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Yep it's a nonsense.

Stick with Nyland and we'll have a great chance at going down. He's a mess of a keeper, never seen a keeper concede so many long range shots and seldom seen so many goals go through a keeper. 

I'll wait until something actually happens.

Edited by AVTuco

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

If its Hart or Butland then I would happily keep Nyland or wait until Steer gets fit. 

Not many other keepers about that would be available at this time of the season. We would be taking back-ups or 3rd choice stoppers

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I can’t work out if the second goal was unstoppable. Nyland seemed to get his angles wrong. Maybe I’m being harsh but I reckon Heaton would have saved that. 

Thing is a top keeper will stop some shots that he has no right too.....that's the difference.

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I actually felt the same about the first goal. The ball wasn't hit at a huge amount of pace and wasn't that far from him, he also went for it with his wrong hand, IMO he could have saved it if he was quicker on his feet and went for it with his right hand.

IMO one of the reasons he lets in so many goals from range is that he's exceptionally flat footed and doesn't get his angles right. He's a really poor keeper.

• Like 1

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

I actually felt the same about the first goal. The ball wasn't hit at a huge amount of pace and wasn't that far from him, he also went for it with his wrong hand, IMO he could have saved it if he was quicker on his feet and went for it with his right hand.

IMO one of the reasons he lets in so many goals from range is that he's exceptionally flat footed and doesn't get his angles right. He's a really poor keeper.

I have to agree with this. It’s a weakness.  

Â