Ørjan Nyland

Jareth

Just a sub par goalkeeper, and added to that he just doesn't have what it takes to play here.
Rabbit in the headlights springs to mind - stage was set when on his first kick yesterday he booted the ball straight through to Ederson with El Ghazi on the halfway line. Just never looked comfortable from the first whistle.

Back up until the summer and be for the best if he finds a smaller club.

Harsh position, goalkeeper. You don't get many chances, and blowing them is easy. He'll have played himself right into the manager's thoughts at Leicester, and right back out of them last night. 

Third choice until the summer and then sell. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

It's a cup game. He started all the cup games. He is the 2nd choice keeper.

Why do people expect anyone else to play today?

Because it's a semi final and we've got a fist choice keeper.

Personally I'm happy with him starting as he's made some exceptional saves which he doesn't get credit for.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tomsub said:

Because it's a semi final and we've got a fist choice keeper.

Personally I'm happy with him starting as he's made some exceptional saves which he doesn't get credit for.

I know it's a semi final, but most clubs play their 2nd keeper in all League cup games. This will be no exception.

37 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

It's a cup game. He started all the cup games. He is the 2nd choice keeper.

Why do people expect anyone else to play today?

He’s actually 3rd choice keeper turned second because of injuries and a new signing. Not many teams play their 3rd choice keeper in semi finals.

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

He’s actually 3rd choice keeper turned second because of injuries and a new signing. Not many teams play their 3rd choice keeper in semi finals.

At our point in the season it’s also about what ifs. Can you imagine if reina plays and gets injured? 

Just now, kidlewis said:

At our point in the season it’s also about what ifs. Can you imagine if reina plays and gets injured? 

You could say that about outfield players like Jack and Mings as well though.

fwiw I have no problem with Nyland playing. But he does make me nervous. 

16 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I know it's a semi final, but most clubs play their 2nd keeper in all League cup games. This will be no exception.

We didn't in the final years back and I'm still convinced Guzan with his extra reach would've gotten his hand to Rooney's header.

13 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I'd start Reina and if Nyland kicks up a fuss I would give him a cheque for his remaining months and his P45.

I’m sure paying 14 months off remaining on his contract yet again leaving us with only one senior keeper would be well received.

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's utter garbage, I'd rather he didn't start. I'm sure Reina can handle a couple of games in a week.

Keepers doesn't run around. They don't really get fatigued.

Reina could play  5 games in 5 days and he would be fine.

Â