Ørjan Nyland

Jareth

I was a bit surprised that Nyland was so bad when he came to Villa. He was very good in Molde in Norway before he went to Germany. But I think he has found his olf selv again and even improved. Shows that a good keeper who turns bad can turn good again.

1 hour ago, DeepDish said:

I was a bit surprised that Nyland was so bad when he came to Villa. He was very good in Molde in Norway before he went to Germany. But I think he has found his olf selv again and even improved. Shows that a good keeper who turns bad can turn good again.

It didn't help that Jedinak and an injured Chester had to play in front of him.  Any keeper would have their confidence shot to bits after a few games.  Shocking management by Bruce to hinder us like that.

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Nyland pathetic at his near post for Mahrez goal, that's why we signed Reina. Garbage keeper.

as bad as that near post goal he conceded against Forest last year? (think it was Grabban?)

36 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Nyland pathetic at his near post for Mahrez goal, that's why we signed Reina. Garbage keeper.

I don’t think it’s unreasonable for a GK to expect any one of four players to get a challenge of some sort in on a player who has run into the middle of the penalty area from wide on the right. Ditto the Aguero goal, nobody challenges. It’s been a pathetic midfield and defensive display, and I knew it would be when I saw the lineup. Manager has to accept a big part in this. I expect it to get worse 2nd half, a lot worse. And it won’t be the GKs fault. 

Just now, OxfordVillan said:

I don’t think it’s unreasonable for a GK to expect any one of four players to get a challenge of some sort in on a player who has run into the middle of the penalty area from wide on the right. Ditto the Aguero goal, nobody challenges. It’s been a pathetic midfield and defensive display, and I knew it would be when I saw the lineup. Manager has to accept a big part in this. I expect it to get worse 2nd half, a lot worse. And it won’t be the GKs fault. 

Don't think it's unreasonable to expect your goalkeeper to make, you know, a save, especially against shots that are more than, well, savable. 

7 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

The whole thing is a mess. But it's clear Nyland is not good enough

Really hard to judge a keeper when the whole team was shit in front of him.  Should have saved that Mahrez one at his near post but that would have only delayed the inevitable. 

Just now, Rightdm00 said:

Really hard to judge a keeper when the whole team was shit in front of him.  Should have saved that Mahrez one at his near post but that would have only delayed the inevitable. 

Has to save the third goal.

Aguero's hattrick goal goes through him as well. 

Â