Ørjan Nyland

Jareth

37 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Heaton is in that category. 

To be fair Heaton should have saved Deeney's first goal, and Wood's header. Question marks over at least a couple of others IMO as well, Liverpool's first for one.

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I really want Nyland to do well. He looks to have a great attitude and all the attributes to be a decent keeper for us. He just needs to iron out the mistakes. 

That's quite a big disclaimer though !

3 hours ago, Tom13 said:

To be fair Heaton should have saved Deeney's first goal, and Wood's header. Question marks over at least a couple of others IMO as well, Liverpool's first for one.

Threw the game away against Bournemouth just after kick off

9 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Threw the game away against Bournemouth just after kick off

This was as low a point as any in the season for me. We were as good as them but we gave them two totally bizarre goals early on. Can you imagine if Nyland gave away a penalty like that? But I really rate Heaton, it just shows every goalkeeper makes mistakes.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

This was as low a point as any in the season for me. We were as good as them but we gave them two totally bizarre goals early on. Can you imagine if Nyland gave away a penalty like that? But I really rate Heaton, it just shows every goalkeeper makes mistakes.

Can you imagine if Nyland would have let Deeney's first goal in as well? I think I saw either 0 or one mention of it on here. If it was Nyland there'd have been another 50 pages to his thread!

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Can you imagine if Nyland would have let Deeney's first goal in as well? I think I saw either 0 or one mention of it on here. If it was Nyland there'd have been another 50 pages to his thread!

Would probably depend on how he did for the rest of the game.  Heaton was a close second for motm that game. The team was truly awful. 

52 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Would probably depend on how he did for the rest of the game.  Heaton was a close second for motm that game. The team was truly awful. 

This isn't a pop at Heaton - but I can't remember Watford actually creating anything in that game? I thought after that as poor as we played, they hadn't created any clear cut chances apart from the ones we gifted them (all 3).

Brilliant performance deserves all the credit in the world to come back from that horror debut season. He actually claims the ball really well now, which was his weak point. Was a wall tonight, plenty of good saves and hasnt put a foot wrong this season. Reina will go from backup at Milan to backup at Villa on tonights evidence

Â