Ørjan Nyland

Jareth

38 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

That cheer when he claimed that cross.. . It was louder than when Wesley scored.

Loved it reminiscent of Steer catching that one at the end of the playoff final. People around me cheering like we'd scored. It was over then.

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

He wasn’t good enough for Sunday League. It’s a different player now. 

The same player who will revert to type after a run of games.

We could afford his clangers in the champ as we could go up the other end and get another 3 goals.

1 clanger is game over in this league.

2 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

We could afford his clangers in the champ as we could go up the other end and get another 3 goals.

No more Clangers. He will surprise us all.  It’s destiny. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

That cheer when he claimed that cross.. . It was louder than when Wesley scored.

Yes - but you knew  VAR wasn't  going to rule that he dropped the cross.

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

No more Clangers. He will surprise us all.  It’s destiny. 

Can you guarentee us this magical sequence is going to work with Wesley also?

crap players gets injured... comes back a year later...  looks class

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

Worried about clangers....wants us to sign jack butland...okkkkkk.....😂😂😂😂

• Haha 3

He made quite a few (forgotten) world class saves  last season... shame he will forever be remembered for the Forest game which was woeful admittedly.... 

Edited by thabucks

Lets be honest, he was a Bruce signing who really struggled when he came in and was nothing short of a calamity. He had a lot of dross infront of him and confidence was really low before he got injured. He actually saved a pen and made a few top saves in that game, away at Swansea a year ago. He did show some signs of being an incredible shot stopper with cat like reactions but would then ruine any good work by throwing 2 in a row in.

However, since working with Cutler and making his return, I cant fault him. He came in against Wolves and played well, came in against the Liverpool kids and played well, came into a tricky spell under pressure at Burnley and did well. Thats not to say he wont cock up again and revert to Nyland of old but im backing him to deliver based on what ive seen so far. Everyone deserves a second (thirty-fourth) chance. UTV

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

He made quite a few (forgotten) world class saves  last season... shame he will forever be remembered for the Forest game which was woeful admittedly.... 

Lets also not forget Sheffield United away where like the Forest game every shot on target he faced went in, including a free kick half way in our half on the touchline which he parried into his own net.

can't believe my eyes in this thread where people are claiming he's improved based on 2 games where Vs Wolves he face 3 shots on target 2 were scored (i'll let him off their 2nd as that wasn't bad keeping the 1st i'm 50:50 about as vs Spurs Heaton had a similar shot against him and he was further over the other side on the goal and still saved it) and vs Burnley where they had loads of shots but only 1 on target and that was probably at Heaton (i'm discounting the Liverpool game as that was literally men vs boys)

Also to answer this myth that has developed on here that he was improving before he got injured, what rubbish his last game was vs Preston where granted he pulled off a fantastic save but whereas other keepers would have gained confidence from that but not Nyland he spent the rest of the game trying to throw it into his own net.

I hope Cutler has improved him (lets face it it's impossible for him to get worse)  but i have seen nothing to convince me 100% he has so it's just a case of keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best.

You have to look at the defence he as playing behind some of those games, which doesn’t excuse all the soft shots & howlers as such but is a mitigating factor for me. let’s see how he does with Mings Engels etc before casting ultimate judgement on his ability? . I Wouldn’t underestimate the Cutler effect either.

He may be shit but he also come good... I’m reserving judgement and for now and I’m just happy Heaton’s (unfortunate) injury has happened at the beginning rather than the end of the window giving us time... 

if butter fingers resurfaces 😬🤞🏻

9 minutes ago, thabucks said:

You have to look at the defence he as playing behind some of those games, which doesn’t excuse all the soft shots & howlers as such but is a mitigating factor for me. let’s see how he does with Mings Engels etc before casting ultimate judgement on his ability? . I Wouldn’t underestimate the Cutler effect either.

He may be shit but he also come good... I’m reserving judgement and for now and I’m just happy Heaton’s (unfortunate) injury has happened at the beginning rather than the end of the window giving us time... 

if butter fingers resurfaces 😬🤞🏻

Having an inability to save shots on target has nothing to do with the defence in front of you, you can have the best defence in the world but the keeper will still have shots on target to save.

I have no concerns regarding his distribution as it's possibly the best i've seen from a Villa keeper, But he's a goalkeeper not a Midfielder.

Edited by Stuartc445

Â