Ørjan Nyland

Jareth

He's been better recently.

Today was awful. First goal, unacceptably beaten at near post, and the third... ****. Got both hands to it and just went through them. Unforgivable in a keeper. If you egt your hands to it and the power is such it still goes in, ok, but just going through your hands... no.

Reina in immediately.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Define howler. 

3 of the goals he should be saving. 

OK, I’ve watched the goals back on TV. He should have done better on the 1st as I said and Aguero’s long range shot too. Neither were howlers (remember some he conceded last season). The last goal would take some saving, blasted at fairly close range above the shoulder. Heaton is clearly a level above and we all knew that. I hope Reina still is too. I still have more faith in Nyland than Kalinic but he drops back to the bench now.

Edited by Elton

28 minutes ago, Elton said:

I’m sure you know what a howler is. I thought he was beaten too easily for the first but I haven’t watched the goals back and don’t really want to. That was my impression from the stands. I don’t think he is a strong enough character to keep in the PL. He was far too exposed today regardless.

Well for me a howler is a massive error. So you might be right that Nyland didn’t have any howlers today. 

But a better keeper would have saved 2 or 3 of those goals. 

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Well for me a howler is a massive error. So you might be right that Nyland didn’t have any howlers today. 

But a better keeper would have saved 2 or 3 of those goals. 

So we agree then.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Honestly, anyone who disagrees knows **** all about football, that was a terrible goalkeeping performance. 

Four of them were very well placed shots for me, first he should've tipped round the post and last one he could've down better but all long over by then.

8 minutes ago, Harry said:

Blaming the keeper when the whole side was basically dogshit? Really?

nah, most of the team was gash, but Nyland was also gash.

Luckily he showed his true colours versus Man City, in Jan when we can still replace him, would have been bad if we had given him the no1 jersey and then the errors started again in Feb.......

Did us a favour really.

10 hours ago, Harry said:

Blaming the keeper when the whole side was basically dogshit? Really?

You say this like nobody is criticising anyone else.

Everyone played shit. Nyland was no exception.

I was right behind that 1st goal and it was truly pathetic all round, shocking defending to the point i don't even think anyone stuck a leg out to try and stop Mahrez and Nyland just stood & watched it go in when if he was focused he dives & likely saves it. It was like he was totally flat footed and reactions were really slow which for a keeper is really poor.

Two of Aguero's goals went straight through him. They're worse than the Mahrez goal imo. At least he could claim to be unsighted for that one, and Mahrez took it early.

If that was the only error I wouldn't be too fussed. But 3 in one game is not good.

Â