Joe Bryan

KJT123

8 minutes ago, fifamad said:

I’ll be really gutted if this deal is off, best full back in the league easily imo, huge blow if rumours are true, really think this would of been a great signing

Even if Fulham decided to go for another left back, no way can we decide to honor the deal with him. It's off 100%

2 hours ago, Czechlad said:

This sounds incredibly silly. Bruce chasing after a player to the point of getting in his car to follow him?

what is this, a 90s football soap opera? 

Bruce is doing research for the next Steve Barnes book.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

Incidentally the Bristol City fans are loving this. Why do they hate us so much???

Can only speak for myself, but many of your fans come across as arrogant, from what I have encountered at Ashton Gate, and on social media (not that Villa are alone in that and I'm sure a number of ours do too).

The fact Villa still owe us money from the Kodjia transfer still, and the fact that after relegation you just went to buy promotion, which is why you have the FFP troubles now.

Other than the Kodjia money none of it is specific to Villa, and I have equally enjoyed laughing as Derby bottled promotion year on year when they tried to buy it, and I will do the same if Forest fail this season.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Spoony said:

Incidentally the Bristol City fans are loving this. Why do they hate us so much???

Because it's football.

Imagine Grealish had signed a contract with Spurs then got into a car and sped off to sign for Chelsea. We'd be taking the pi** non-stop. It's actually quite funny when it's not your club.

To be honest I'd barely heard of him before this week and I don't think he's gonna make the difference between promotion or not. F^ck him. I hope we sue him and his agent for millions.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, privateer said:

Are you suggesting we have stalled on paying and there is actually an outstanding debt on the transfer. Or, as is more likely the case, the payment schedule is in installments, including any addons, and that has completed yet? Weird reason to hate a club. On that basis every fan should hate any club they've ever sold a player to because transfers are commonly staged-payment affairs.

Will you hate us a bit less when the puchase contact is fulfilled? Is your hate in stages as well and amortises as we pay? :lol:

Small club mentality.

43 minutes ago, privateer said:

Are you suggesting we have stalled on paying and there is actually an outstanding debt on the transfer. Or, as is more likely the case, the payment schedule is in installments, including any addons, and that has completed yet? Weird reason to hate a club. On that basis every fan should hate any club they've ever sold a player to because transfers are commonly staged-payment affairs.

Will you hate us a bit less when the puchase contact is fulfilled? Is your hate in stages as well and amortises as we pay? :lol:

Spot on , never read so much rubbish in my life, trying to blame villa fans for deal the Bristol board struck with us ???

1 hour ago, privateer said:

I dont hate Villa, so there is no hating going on on my part.

I'm well aware that transfer fees arent done in a lump sum up front, but theres been suggestions that Villa had missed payments to us.

Perhaps you have forgotten already, but financially you were up a certain creek earlier this summer and money was owed to several places.

42 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Spot on , never read so much rubbish in my life, trying to blame villa fans for deal the Bristol board struck with us ???

You didnt read what I posted very well then.

I havent blamed Villa fans for anything, and went on to specifically point out that the criticisms of some Villa fans that I was making also apply to fans of other clubs, including my own.

• Like 2

It would be bad enough if Bryan had walked out on an all but done deal to sign for anyone but for it to be Fulham.... They are rapidly becoming one of my most disliked teams and Bryan now finds himself sandwiched somewhere between Unsworth and the slithering snake amongst the list of players that I dislike with a passion. We should at the very least send "Turncoat Bryan" the bill for the expenses we incurred in connection with his aborted transfer to us. :angry:

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Sky sports reporting doing medical at Fulham.

I hope he flops massively.  Unprofessional and a complete and utter loser.  We don't need arseholes like that here.

Next.

Too right. I would love it for him to come back with his tail between his legs and tell us that he had changed his mind about joining us and for Villa to tell him we had done the same about wanting to sign him. If he does pass a medical Fulham need to handcuff him to a desk in case another club come in for him that he might fancy playing for!

I don’t blame him for taking prem football but the timing was terrible on this one. Pity, we would have been stronger for him, if of course he wasn’t always trying to engineer his next move. 

• Like 1

Shame for him really, I can only see Fulham getting relegated this season,  then he will spend the next few years or more bobbing around in the championship, while I think Villa will get promoted in the next season or two and go on to become a top 8 premier league team easily supported by the financial muscle of NSWE

He can sod off, if he wants to go to a club like Fulham for 15 minutes in the sun so be it. He’ll be in a relegation dog fight from March onwards and he’ll be back down here next year.

We don’t need players chasing money, or players that just have a short term vision. 

F*** you Joe Bryan you clearing in the woods.

Won't he be fighting for the same spot in the team as Sessagnon?  Good luck with that.  To be honest I don't know anything about Bryan, I think we've been stung by signing players from the Championship who haven't dealt with the pressure of a big move, so it's not really the end of the world if he does go to Fulham.  Hopefully we have another player lined up, if not Hutton and Taylor will do a job.

Â