Joe Bryan

KJT123

19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

A contract means nothing? It really depends on what the contract is but a signed contract in football once you sign your our player 

Recruitment is completely different you can resign from a job, or it could be a temporary contract etc that you can leave whenever you want. It's completely different.

Sadly that isn’t quite true. Mic09 is pretty bang on with his “contracts mean nothing” comment. I deal in contracts all the time and generally until someone starts performing the contract it’s barely worth the paper it is written on. I’m unfamiliar with the terms of footballers’ contracts but I’d wager there are cooling off periods and get out clauses and effective dates all based on payment of fees and sign on bonuses and what have you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Medical means **** all

ITSOTP thats official

Apparently the photographs of "Turncoat Bryan" had already been taken as well. 

Edited by John

24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

A contract means nothing? It really depends on what the contract is but a signed contract in football once you sign your our player 

Recruitment is completely different you can resign from a job, or it could be a temporary contract etc that you can leave whenever you want. It's completely different.

I'm not sure how it works in football, but i'm sure a football contract is essentially just a contract of employment, no different to what we sign. 

The reason why it means 'nothing' is that a player can sign, 3 minutes later Barcelona call him up and say they want him. He says he wants to go there, he will not play in the club he just signed for, and that's that. The club has to let him go, what't the point of having millions of pounds of an asset sitting at home. 

Plus there must be some sort of a 'cooling off period' involved.

It's not done until it's done.

Edited by Mic09
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

All is fair in love and war.

Was really looking forward to having a progressive and exciting left back too.

Good job we didn't sign this bloke then! :D

55 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Rumours we are trying to hijack Bristol's deal to sign Jay Dasilva from Chelsea.

How about we let him have his medical there first and then give him a quick call. ;) 

Would it be devious to give his agent a call, offer to double his money to try to turn his head, wait as the drive up, stick them in some un air-conditioned room and BRB, give it an hour or so then inform them that we've changed our mind? But in all seriousness it probably happens a lot, other clubs hijacking deals. Malcom to Barca for instance. Disappointed, as he looked an attacking threat but we're Aston Villa and we just move on to other targets. 

Yeah, shame in a footballing sense for us but bridges burnt.

Actually a victim of the Twitter #ITK's isn't he.

In the old days we'd never have known more than us being interested.

Can't hold it against him if he wants to play PL.

• Like 1

Â