Lewis Grabban

KJT123

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think he is 30 isnt he? not sure, but i think he offers more than hogan thats for sure 

Yeah Hogan imo wouldn't quite cut it but ai think Grabban is as good enough at that level as Elmo, Snodgrass and Hutton imo.

30 minutes ago, KSV said:

so we revert back to 4411.. Hogan benched and Grabban to start?  I do feel for Hogan.. he was finding form whilst he started playing with Grealish/Snoddy/Adomah and two got injured and our tactics changed again which didnt suit him. 

I feel for Hogan a little, but at the same time Grabban is just more dynamic he will likely play as well in a 4-4-1-1 as he plays in a 4-4-2. Hogan only seems to play well when the players and the formation suit him, he's just very limited. 

I like Hogan, but Grabban looks to be twice the player right now and as such Hogan may not get his place in the team back this season. 

• Like 2

He's exactly what you want from a striker.  Gets a chance, sticks it away, job done.  I must admit I knew nothing about him really, but obviously scoring that amount of goals for a seriously shit Sunderland side suggested he had something about him.

Well done Bruce for another very good bit of loan business.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, carewjust4u said:

i heard if he scores tonight, then he would of scored against all 6 of his previous teams this season alone.

I don't think this is quite right.

He's had more than 6 former clubs.

But I think he HAS scored against six of them this season now. Which is still remarkable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't think this is quite right.

He's had more than 6 former clubs.

But I think he HAS scored against six of them this season now. Which is still remarkable.

Just checked and you're totally right (serves me right for not checking), maybe the stat is that he's played 6 of his former teams this season, and scored against each one.

Regardless, what an astute signing this is beginning to look like.

1 hour ago, carewjust4u said:

Just checked and you're totally right (serves me right for not checking), maybe the stat is that he's played 6 of his former teams this season, and scored against each one.

Yeah, something like "he's scored against all 6 former clubs that he's faced this season"

Either ways it's still an impressive stat!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, carewjust4u said:

He also scored against his future club as well :P

• Like 2

When you think that this guy and Snodgrass our loans this season, you can understand how loans could be effective.

We still cant say that he made it here, but 3 goals in his last 3 plus another 11 for Sunderland. Thats a real bargain.

Excellent performance tonight.  A couple of times he was way, way too selfish but the rest of his game more than made up for it.  He played the lone man role almost perfectly and gave Batth a horrid time.

• Like 1

Â