Lewis Grabban

KJT123

Anyone else notice the dood with the manic hair celebrating his goal in the crowd? It was like he was having one celebration and his hair another. I had to watch it back in super slow mo, it was wondrous. The goal was pretty good too. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

He looks like a Premier League striker to me and I'm a bit bemused as to why he's never quite made it. Mind you he's played in, not necessarily started in, only 20 games at that level. It could just be rotten luck, I don't know enough about his history. He can hold the ball up, has a bit of pace, cracking movement and he's clinical. So what gives?

If he scores the goals that get us there he will have earned a shot if the price is right. I like him. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He looks like a Premier League striker to me and I'm a bit bemused as to why he's never quite made it. Mind you he's played in, not necessarily started in, only 20 games at that level. It could just be rotten luck, I don't know enough about his history. He can hold the ball up, has a bit of pace, cracking movement and he's clinical. So what gives?

If he scores the goals that get us there he will have earned a shot if the price is right. I like him. 

Baffles me too. Definitely happy for him to be given a chance, if we go up and sign him permanently.

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

They seem pretty ratted off now he’s left them.

I’ve kept an eye on their forums as it’s always good for a laugh last few years whilst they were the unflushable turds of the Prem and this seems to be, understandably, their general demeanour about anything.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, penguin said:

I’ve kept an eye on their forums as it’s always good for a laugh last few years whilst they were the unflushable turds of the Prem and this seems to be, understandably, their general demeanour about anything.

I keep an eye on Sunderland a bit as well. I always think in an alternate timeline we could have done what they are doing, ie: drop straight down. I do have sympathy for the fans. As we know its bloody awful being a big club that just cant stop losing and all the news is bad. 

17 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

Cant we get Hogan to grow a beard, shave his head and send him back as Grabban? :huh:

You'd then need someone to go at the beard with some hedge-trimmers before he could pull off the Grabban 'belly-button-fluff-stuck-all-over-your-face' look.

11 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

awful.

Anywho, Grabban is more aggressive than than hogan, and uses his weight better.  Hogan sometimes has the ball, but he gets knocked off it too easily.  He needs to work on that.  Whether that's at Villa or not, I dunno.

I like him, but he has to be more rounded to become successful. 

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

What was up with him today? Performance was the total opposite of Saturday. Hopefully he is back to his best on Saturday.

Had absolutely nothing to work with. 

Don't get me wrong, did little with it when he did get it. But there were times when he was coming into deep midfield to get the ball and try and make something happen.

• Like 1

On 13/03/2018 at 23:11, Stevo985 said:

Had absolutely nothing to work with. 

Don't get me wrong, did little with it when he did get it. But there were times when he was coming into deep midfield to get the ball and try and make something happen.

Something Hogan gets destroyed for.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Dick said:

Something Hogan gets destroyed for.

Not really. This was one game.

Hogan has had 14 months of supposedly no service. It's wearing a bit thin.

Plus Grabban was working hard to make something happen. Coming deep and getting involved. Trying to bring the ball forward.

Hogan doesn't do that. He unsuccessfully closes players down a lot, which seems to get people on his side.

The difference between him and Grabban is night and day already. Grabban is far superior.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Not really. This was one game.

Hogan has had 14 months of supposedly no service. It's wearing a bit thin.

Plus Grabban was working hard to make something happen. Coming deep and getting involved. Trying to bring the ball forward.

Hogan doesn't do that. He unsuccessfully closes players down a lot, which seems to get people on his side.

The difference between him and Grabban is night and day already. Grabban is far superior.

Grabban has been, thankfully he also is in a period with Grealish and Adomah fit, so is reaping rewards - as Hogan was when they were fit to supply him.

I know we were a bit open but I quite like Grabban and Hogan together. Hogan could do the donkey work of closing players down and Grabban could come deep and impact the play. Wonder if Bruce will consider that in future games. 

Â