Lewis Grabban

KJT123

5 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

I like that he had the nerve to take a penalty for his first goal, in a very important moment. Good mentality.

Especially how long he had to wait to take it with Preston players standing around him, no doubt trying to put him off.

9 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

I like that he had the nerve to take a penalty for his first goal, in a very important moment. Good mentality.

Scored several pens this season for Sunderland - good display  last night and should keep his place on Saturday at the expense maybe of hogan, if not on the left as he is comfortable in all forward roles .

Grabban's goal made him the tenth player to open their Villa account this season.  That equals the most in our history, level with the first season of the Premier League.  He joins Green, Bjarnason, Onomah, Davis, Snodgrass, Terry, Samba, Lansbury & Jedinak who had never scored for Villa before the 17/18 season.

One more new entry on that list makes 17/18 an all-time historic season.

For the love of God, get that man in the starting XI.

Hogan is a great player if you slot him into a creative attacking line-up, which we currently do not have due to injuries.

There is a reason Grabban scored a shitetonne for Sunderland, put him in the team and give that man minutes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Grabban's goal made him the tenth player to open their Villa account this season.  That equals the most in our history, level with the first season of the Premier League.  He joins Green, Bjarnason, Onomah, Davis, Snodgrass, Terry, Samba, Lansbury & Jedinak who had never scored for Villa before the 17/18 season.

One more new entry on that list makes 17/18 an all-time historic season.

Also the 17th different player to score for us this season. The most of any team in the league.

We could do a midfield and forward line up of:

Jedi

Snodgrass   Hourihane   Green

Hogan    Grabban

...and to hell with the consequences!

(unless Albert and Jack are back at the weekend, fingers crossed).

Edited by alreadyexists

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Grabban should have started, bad decision by Bruce in my view

You're saying this after that performance.  Were you saying it before the match or are you just being wise after the event?

32 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

We could do a midfield and forward line up of:

Jedi

Snodgrass   Hourihane   Green

Hogan    Grabban

...and to hell with the consequences!

(unless Albert and Jack are back at the weekend, fingers crossed).

Green is injured , put barney in place of Jedi and bring in lansbury for hourihane and o hare in jacks role , 

17 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I'd consider playing him in the same role Adomah played in. We have no one fit for that spot, and I think Grabban can do a job there. 

Before seeing him last night, I'd have disagreed with this.  To my knowledge he was just a powerful centre forward with decent pace.

Last night I was surprised by how good his feet are, his general awareness, and he's a bit quicker than I was expecting too.

I think you're right, though.  He could do a job out there.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, BOF said:

You're saying this after that performance.  Were you saying it before the match or are you just being wise after the event?

Tbf many of us said that without Jack and Adomah you have to play two up top or Davis up top by himself. I expected Grabban to start on the left or on the right with Snodgrass on the other wing. I was not happy to see Jedi Onomah and Thor all in the same team. No need at home. 

• Like 1

Much as I like Hogan’s attitude and movement, Grabban is a level above him and is a much more rounded player that suits our style more. Better ability, better first touch, better control and better strength/hold up play. Struggling to see Hogan making the first X1 anytime soon....

Played well last night & we would have lost without him on the pitch. Not really sure what his position was supposed to be other than to run around and do whatever he can as he seemed to rotate between RB,RW,DM,AM,LW & CF every minute or two.

4-4-2 with him and Davis up front for when Grealish/Adomah are out or we need to change something.

He has always been better with a big lump to hold the ball up for him.

57 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Before seeing him last night, I'd have disagreed with this.  To my knowledge he was just a powerful centre forward with decent pace.

Last night I was surprised by how good his feet are, his general awareness, and he's a bit quicker than I was expecting too.

I think you're right, though.  He could do a job out there.

According to Kendrick he can play and is comfortable anywhere in the front 3 roles .

Having seen hogan last night though I can see grabban replacing him very soon if not Saturday .

hogan needs Grealish 

Â