Lewis Grabban

KJT123

12 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I've done a bit of research, their number 23 was Paul Huntington, ex Newcastle United centre back

Thanks SGC.....I was unsure before I wrote it....couldn't quite see his name on his shirt during the match.

However, being a sad ole retiree.....I have everybodys squad in excel and when I checked it was him, as  you say......I just happened to notice what a fine carefree evening he had, much to my total annoyance.:)

anyway Back on topic, I liked what I see with Lewis, but would like to see him play No9 or second striker to Davis.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, AVTuco said:

Sorry, I pick your post but could have picked any other too.

In addition to the pen which was well taken, what did Grabban do to make you happy with his performance?

I'm confused because I haven't seen anything of note from him yet.

sorry for poking my nose in

Composure and the ability to own the ball in his possession.

ps When he is played in his right position.....He knows where to position himself in order to hurt the central defenders, he works them.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, TRO said:

sorry for poking my nose in

Composure and the ability to own the ball in his possession.

ps When he is played in his right position.....He knows where to position himself in order to hurt the central defenders, he works them.

Thank you for your thoughts TRO. I didn't notice him that much for some reason. 

On 22/02/2018 at 17:48, HanoiVillan said:

I can't wait to be retired.

Nothing like it. Retired 7 years and lovin' it.

Especially out cutting the hedge in t-shirt, shorts and panama mid morning before coffee and the suits going past heading to meetings.

And I think, ``I used to be the suit in the car thinking `that lucky old bastard`''.

Now it is me. 

Anyway, Lewis Grabbon, good signing - cool penalty.

Spoiler

• Like 3

6 hours ago, AJ said:

What makes me happy is thinking of Hogan and Grabban up front, Jack behind them, and Albert and Snoddy on the wings. What an attack.

Start Gabban up front if Grealish is back. Hogan looks like a nine years old kid playing in a u12 game.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I don't think Grabban did well at all on the left side. I thought he would work there, but it seems to be striker or nothing. Until Jack comes back, I'd play Grabban over Hogan. 

Grabban has played all 3 of the front roles - a damn site better there than barney was - agree he should be ahead of hogan though . 

He certainly is active, fast, and clever with his movement. As we said before be got him, he has a habit of being right place at the right time, and it’s more than just luck.

He’s scored 2 for us already, he can probably get 10-12!

I like him. I like the way he moves. He's very good at creating space for himself and putting defenders off with a little roll of his shoulder type move. Watch out for it.

Bit like how you see a big cat move (Which is fitting now he's part of the pride)

Image result for lion gif

Sort of like this

Image result for leopard walking gif

But standing up and not as overt obviously but still...

Edited by 8pints
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, 8pints said:

I like him. I like the way he moves. He's very good at creating space for himself and putting defenders off with a little roll of his shoulder type move. Watch out for it.

Bit like how you see a big cat move (Which is fitting now he's part of the pride)

Image result for lion gif

Sort of like this

Image result for leopard walking gif

But standing up and not as overt obviously but still...

Good lord... I might rub one out to this.

4 hours ago, Eastie said:

Hogan has really tailed off - grabban a much better option 

He scored some goals but was he ever good? I feel as if I'm a more-than-forgiving supporter throughout our last two decades, but Hogan is basically my least inspiring player in all that time, or one of them. If he reads this, I'd like him to know I said the same about Fabian Delph, and he can prove me wrong. Buttt... we've had some strikers who have really made an impact bar goals and I think we need one of those. In his defence, he basically reminds me of Darren Bent—no impact on a game, but might score a goal. 

But having said that, he doesn't score as much as Darren Bent did, and we're in the championship. I still need convincing big time.

Edited by praisedmambo

Â