Lewis Grabban

KJT123

Its worth noting that he is 1 goal behind the leaders in the top goal scoring chart!

(He has 16, Bobby Reid and Matej Vydra both have 17)

Adomah is 5th on a fantastic 14 goals, the top midfielder!

Edited by Nigel

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

I actually thought he had a poor first half. Decision making was quite bad every time he touched the ball. Like when he had the ball a the byline and decided to still shoot. Had to put the ball across the face of goal there. 

But he was excellent in the second half so fair play to the man! 

Yes, he definitely made a couple of poor decisions, one of which almost certainly cost us a goal, but it is also true that he's a striker and his first instinct is to go for goal if he thinks there is a chance. I guess there are pluses and minuses to that kind of thinking.

3 hours ago, PompeyVillan said:

Grabban seems to be able to hold the ball up and run the channels and pose a goal threat.

I don't know whether anyone else noticed, but we pressed Wolves really high up the pitch, meaning Snodgrass, Adomah and Grabban had to put a real shift in. It was tactically astute by Bruce, but if it hadn't been executed well it have left us really exposed. 

Credit to Grabban for being able to take this on so quickly. He didn't give their defenders a moments peace, their center backs didn't want to pump the ball forward for Jedinak or our defenders to clear up so they were forced into attempting risky diagonals to the full backs and wingers. Who were harassed and chased down by everyone. 

I think if Grabban doesn't get this right then our game plan falls to bits. They get an easy ball into midfield, and from there they expose the gaps out wide from our high press. 

Basically I'm massively impressed with Grabban. 

Tbf, Wolves didn't show our attack a lot of respect lining up how they did. Bruce capitalised on that. 

51 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

He reminds me of the way Allan Clarke used to play at Leeds. 

Old sniffer . 

‘Not similar in my opinion but no question he’s a great addition and far more effective than hogan who I also like . 

2 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Yes, he definitely made a couple of poor decisions, one of which almost certainly cost us a goal, but it is also true that he's a striker and his first instinct is to go for goal if he thinks there is a chance. I guess there are pluses and minuses to that kind of thinking.

Yep. If he made the right decisions every time he wouldn't be playing for us I guess.

1. Bobby Reid

Bristol City

190 minsper goal

3232 minsplayed

17Goals scored

5 Assists

2. Matej Vydra

Derby

126 minsper goal

2141 minsplayed

17Goals scored

3 Assists

3. Lewis Grabban

Sunderland, Aston Villa

118 minsper goal

1889 minsplayed

16Goals scored

1 Assists

4. Leon Clarke

Sheff Utd

174 minsper goal

2611 minsplayed

He’s third top scorer and has the fastest minutes per goal in the top 20 scorers. I think he’ll be top scorer by the end of the season.

Another one I got wrong, serves me right for listening to Sunderland fans.

They said he was lazy. He is not lazy. They said he never jumps or heads the ball. He scored against them with a header. They said he is a miserable bastard. He was all smiles post match Wolves. They said he has a crappy wispy beard.. ok I will give them that one.

Stonking player Lewis is. Although he is 30 I would take him for next season. Regardless of which league we are in. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

1. Bobby Reid

Bristol City

190 minsper goal

3232 minsplayed

17Goals scored

5 Assists

2. Matej Vydra

Derby

126 minsper goal

2141 minsplayed

17Goals scored

3 Assists

3. Lewis Grabban

Sunderland, Aston Villa

118 minsper goal

1889 minsplayed

16Goals scored

1 Assists

4. Leon Clarke

Sheff Utd

174 minsper goal

2611 minsplayed

He’s third top scorer and has the fastest minutes per goal in the top 20 scorers. I think he’ll be top scorer by the end of the season.

most impressive stat is he got 12 at Sunderland who are crap. all others playing in top half teams 

3 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Another one I got wrong, serves me right for listening to Sunderland fans.

They said he was lazy. He is not lazy. They said he never jumps or heads the ball. He scored against them with a header. They said he is a miserable bastard. He was all smiles post match Wolves. They said he has a crappy wispy beard.. ok I will give them that one.

Stonking player Lewis is. Although he is 30 I would take him for next season. Regardless of which league we are in. 

They seem pretty ratted off now he’s left them.

• Like 1

Â