Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

13 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

He was an LB during his Ipswich days. Bournemouth used him as a CB

What I can I remembered Most of his time in Bournemouth is play IN LB role with occasional emergency cover CH roles.

He join us as CH I guess cos his height and football skill is suit him over LB

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Danny_Villaman84 said:

I glad see him play DM/CM defensive to develop this as I like someone who can drop become 3 backline (5 backline) make tactical change easy during games and push full back to forward overload wide to past defend and cross in or carried ball into box to free space to threat

523 or 3421, 343, 541, 5312 (sub Baliey if he tired) if get axel drop Into 3 centre half.or push in so Buendia can play advanced roles 

4231, 4123, 433, 4411, 4312 (sub Bailey if he tried)

Plenty of flexibility that why I fan CM who can play as CH.

It makes sense, Danny. Flexibility is always a handy thing to have available. 

27 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I've never seen a central defender struggle so much to read the flight of a ball 

That was the big flaw I remembered from his previous time here. Still looks very shaky.

• Like 1

not gonna lie, i wasnt impressed with him at all.

Watching him try to challenge for high balls was painful.

Im sure he will be a useful squad member over the season, but he wasnt great tonight imo.

Yeah, bit of a car crash, he got bullied in to making some very poor decisions. He's a much better player than he showed tonight, but I worry he won't get enough football to actually settle and show it. 

1 hour ago, Adman said:

Didn't look great. Imagine the chaos if he had to look after Lukaku

OK but he isn't going to play lukaku. Whilst he is our back up rcb, I imagine we will probably select Hause or Tuanzebe on a case by case basis. Against Norwich or Brentford where we expect to have more of the ball tuanzebe is more assured in the ball. But against Burnley or Chelsea with big physical strikers we would select Hause. Other than that we probably select based on which side the injury occurred. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

OK but he isn't going to play lukaku. Whilst he is our back up rcb, I imagine we will probably select Hause or Tuanzebe on a case by case basis. Against Norwich or Brentford where we expect to have more of the ball tuanzebe is more assured in the ball. But against Burnley or Chelsea with big physical strikers we would select Hause. Other than that we probably select based on which side the injury occurred. 

Hes cover for Konsa, we should be happy to drop him into the prem when Konsas out.  I don't want to overly criticise him, but his lack of physical strength worries me.

1 minute ago, Adman said:

Hes cover for Konsa, we should be happy to drop him into the prem when Konsas out.  I don't want to overly criticise him, but his lack of physical strength worries me.

If it comes down to Konsa being out when up against Lukaku or Chris Wood then it will be a case of calling up Hause first, otherwise he is grand.

Got bullied a bit tonight but still showed his composure on the ball plenty of times, he is still a very good footballer who will be an excelent squad option this season.

2 minutes ago, Adman said:

He's a CB. But there are always matchups that don't work. Lukaku is one of them, and I'd certainly be tempted to play hause rcb for a little bit more physicality (and put Konsa rb) against Chelsea again. Hause is the single best defender in the prem in aerial duels. He wins them at a rate like no other. And on offence he takes the entire defence with him. Traore nevers scores that beauty vs Chelsea without their defence being scared shitless of hause. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Said enough about him last few months when mentioned as a target but many said would be great signing. What happened?

From all accounts (not mine - I haven't seen the full match), both Tuanzebe and Nakamba failed to impress in this match.

How is it you can defend one and not the other - especially considering this was Tuanzebe's first game in some time?

• Like 1

Â