Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

5 minutes ago, thejoker said:

I really hope that there is an option to buy this time…

Don’t think there is. United website states that he’s signed a new contract before joining us, which ties him to them until June 2023, with the option of a further year. 

Axel Tuanzebe will spend the 2021/22 campaign on loan at Aston Villa after agreeing a season-long move to the Premier League club.

The 23-year-old has also signed a new contract at Manchester United, lasting until June 2023 with the option of an additional year's extension.

Edited by ferguson1

Man Utd and Axel Tuanzebe are the ones benefitting from this (depending on how much he plays)

On one hand we are moaning that we can only find lower league and non league teams to take our loan players and the other hand we seem delighted with this loan.

Small club mentality 

How often are we going to have 2 CBs out at the same time? why cant one of our youngsters fill in for the odd game should that situation occur? Engels was 4th choice last season and didnt need him once

I really hope we haven't made any promises on appearances, rather we just bought him for 5m. Really don't like loans

• Like 2

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Because they're not ready.

As for Engels - be glad we didn't need him. He wasn't good enough otherwise he'd have played in the early cup rounds at the very least.

Doesn't matter if I'm glad or not, point is we didn't need to call upon him. 

I just hope this doesn't block Konsas development

I have developed an extreme hatred for the "Super League 6" and moves like this to develop their players makes me sick

3 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Doesn't matter if I'm glad or not, point is we didn't need to call upon him. 

I just hope this doesn't block Konsas development

I have developed an extreme hatred for the "Super League 6" and moves like this to develop their players makes me sick

Axel is not going to be starting ahead of Konsa mate. Fear not 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Axel is not going to be starting ahead of Konsa mate. Fear not 

I'm more worried for Hause tbh, he was covering both LCB & RCB

I really hope Axel doesnt play any games ahead of our own 3 (other than early round cup games)

Just when I thought we were becoming a big club we go do this, want to be competing with Man Utd, not loaning their players for development

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Just when I thought we were becoming a big club we go do this, want to be competing with Man Utd, not loaning their players for development

Well given that a couple of posts ago you were saying we would very rarely have two CBs out and could/should just play our own youngsters, I doubt he’ll be getting much development :)

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

Well given that a couple of posts ago you were saying we would very rarely have two CBs out and could/should just play our own youngsters, I doubt he’ll be getting much development :)

Yeah, but it depends on the stipulations of the loan.

What I want and what actually happens are 2 very different things.

Theres a reason Man Utd have sent him to us rather than sit on their bench. they feel he will play more here - and we don't know whats written in the contract

Just now, Junxs said:

Theres a reason Man Utd have sent him to us rather than sit on their bench. they feel he will play more here - and we don't know whats written in the contract

There definitely won’t be anything about appearances in the contract. He’s come here because he’ll be on the bench and can try to challenge for a place, and at United he’s behind Varane, Maguire, Lindeloef and Bailly - and even though he’s better than the last two they are on such massive contracts United can’t loan them out. But he’s not going to be starting ahead of Konsa or Mings, and Hause would get the nod if Mings was out. It’s a very smart signing and pretty much exactly how we should be using loans. 

4 minutes ago, Junxs said:

I understand your opinion  and usually i would agree.

However in this scenario I highly doubt we would have agreed to play him X or Y, and I would bet hard earned cash he won't be chosen ahead of mings and konsa, I imagine he will just fill in as required, play the odd cup game etc, cover for injuries etc, and fill a 3rd or 4th choice CD slot without us spending a lot on it.

In terms of the loan, rather than spend 20m on a backup CB, if this loans gives us that much more to Improve the first 11 this summer, then I'm OK with it for now, priorities and all that.

But yeah, I do agree with your sentiment in principle.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

However in this scenario I highly doubt we would have agreed to play him X or Y, and I would bet hard earned cash he won't be chosen ahead of mings and konsa, I imagine he will just fill in as required, play the odd cup game etc, cover for injuries etc, and fill a 3rd or 4th choice CD slot without us spending a lot on it.

In terms of the loan, rather than spend 20m on a backup CB, if this loans gives us that much more to Improve the first 11 this summer, then I'm OK with it for now, priorities and all that.

This, exactly.

We need CB cover. To ‘buy’ anyone decent enough is going to be in this price bracket. White just went for £50m for gods sake, and I wouldn’t pick him before either of our first choices.

We can spend £20m odd and give a 5 year contract on about £40/50k or even more, or we can bring in a loan, a player we know (and clearly like and trust his personality) for about £5-£6m for a year.

• Like 1

Its not that I don’t care about Hause’s and Konsa’s development but it’s more important to create competition for places to keep players on their toes and always playing their best, if they are good enough they will naturally develop alongside healthy competition. Axel coming back in provides exactly that. 

Edited by Ingram85

23 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

12 minutes ago, Thug said:

This, exactly.

We need CB cover. To ‘buy’ anyone decent enough is going to be in this price bracket. White just went for £50m for gods sake, and I wouldn’t pick him before either of our first choices.

We can spend £20m odd and give a 5 year contract on about £40/50k or even more, or we can bring in a loan, a player we know (and clearly like and trust his personality) for about £5-£6m for a year.

Gary Cahill on a 1-2 year deal would have provided just that, then could have been moved into a coaching role..  and we wouldnt be helping a greedy 6 club in the process

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Junxs said:

Gary Cahill on a 1-2 year deal would have provided just that, then could have been moved into a coaching role..  and we wouldnt be helping a greedy 6 club in the process

Yh Cahill would have been decent

2 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Great point but how do you know that we didnt approach him and he turned us down. He has lived in london for over 12  years. Maybe his wife and kids don't want to move. 

The greedy 6 club is helping us by filling a gap for a year. 

7 minutes ago, Junxs said:

I would have been happy with Cahill on a 1 year deal tbh.

Â