Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

5 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Massive upgrade on Engels. I hope we can make it permanent at some point.

Was it Konsa, in his interview the other day who mentioned that he knows how muchTuanzebe loves the club?

Gets alot of time for me.

The fact that he chose to sign for us, not guaranteed being first choice seems to solidify that notion.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Was it Konsa, in his interview the other day who mentioned that he knows how muchTuanzebe loves the club?

The fact that he chose to sign for us, not guaranteed being first choice seems to solidify that notion.

If you haven’t already watched Axel’s interview when joined. You can tell he has a lot of affection for the club. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Agreed. Shows a great attitude imo and that we're doing good things as a club accommodating people.

18 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If you haven’t already whack Axel’s interview when joined. You can tell he has a lot of affection for the club. 

Between the words whack and Axel in your post there is either "on" "off to" missing. Could you please clarify what you meant?

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Between the words whack and Axel in your post there is either "on" "off to" missing. Could you please clarify what you meant?

Follow your heart/groin

• Haha 3

I thought he was superb against Brentford, he is like a copy of Konsa in the way he reads the game, is calm and composed. Such a huge gap in class between him and Hause. A very good signing by us, we have very much improved on our defence, which imo was vital. I would like one more CB, but having 3 of high quality is really good.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Mings getting loads of stick for the second goal today but Axel was awful for the first. Got it totally wrong from start to finish. Lots more to come from him I’m sure but let himself down there.

It was a big ask and I was surprised he played in the middle, but then Lukaku might have just moved over a bit and targeted him anyway.  As I said in the Mings thread I would give first dibs to Hause, if we are looking towards set pieces as an area of improvement he is a major asset and Mings can play in the centre of the 3.

21 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

It was a big ask and I was surprised he played in the middle, but then Lukaku might have just moved over a bit and targeted him anyway.  As I said in the Mings thread I would give first dibs to Hause, if we are looking towards set pieces as an area of improvement he is a major asset and Mings can play in the centre of the 3.

Offensive set pieces or defensive? As Hause wins almost every header but when he's in the oppo's area they end up nearer to Row Z or the corner flag than the target ;)

6 hours ago, M_Afro said:

Mings getting loads of stick for the second goal today but Axel was awful for the first. Got it totally wrong from start to finish. Lots more to come from him I’m sure but let himself down there.

He did commit himself, but credit to Lukaku too. Lukaku is predominantly left footed and shaped to shoot, and sold him chopping back inside to his right. Sometimes you got to put your hands up, plenty of greats have been done in the same way I’m sure. 

6 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Interesting that Lukaku said in his interview, something along the lines of "i played with Axel, so i knew what he would do" (ie: committing himself and allowing Lukaku to turn inside).

Perhaps similarly, Axel thought that Lukaku would shoot on his preferred left from having played with him. 

Disagree completely.

Tuanzebe was very good yesterday and handled Lukaku well. Lukaku was barely in the game apart from the goals he scored, but that's what a 95 million pound striker brings you.

Unfortunately Chelseas quality told and they scored 2 goals; the Kovacic pass was something else and completely split us open.

Worth remembering that Tuanzebe has barely played any football since he was with us in 2019/20. He's going to take a while to get up to full speed especially when we are changing formations.

• Like 1

Â