Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

Sadly Nigel, it doesn't. Just a season long loan.

He's signed a new contract with Manure until 2023 before he arrived to us.

The end date is telling though. They are protecting his value but only a two year contract at his age. He'll likely be available next season - whether we want to buy him or not remains to be seen. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Sadly Nigel, it doesn't. Just a season long loan.

He's signed a new contract with Manure until 2023 before he arrived to us.

With a 1 year option on top also.

Why on earth would he have done that, madness.

• Like 2

Just now, MaVilla said:

He thinks he’ll still make it there. Been there since a youth so understandable…

3 hours ago, Junxs said:

Gary Cahill on a 1-2 year deal would have provided just that, then could have been moved into a coaching role..  and we wouldnt be helping a greedy 6 club in the process

Where has this Gary Cahill moving into a coaching role thing even come from? I’ve not seen anything that has said he wants to even do that but I’ve seen it stated several times on this site since JT left.

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

A signing bonus and maybe an extra £5k or £10k per week would make the decision easier.

25 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I have to say I don't know what these 1 year options mean, do both player and club have to agree to it or is the power with the club choosing?

6 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I have to say I don't know what these 1 year options mean, do both player and club have to agree to it or is the power with the club choosing?

I would imagine it could be any variation, such as both, or one side to trigger.

Depends on the contract specifics I suppose?

I would guess this one is a club option.

6 hours ago, Junxs said:

Very surprised how many people commenting that this is a signing that makes sense

The guys in his mid 20s now and needs to be playing regularly, seems very bizarre that he wants to come here and play backup. Essentially swapping one bench for another.

Even more bizarre when you think Purslow publicly commented on how bad loans are for progressing the club as you are developing someone else's player.

Part of me is always skeptical that the loaning club asks for % of games that their player must play.

Don't think he was that great in his 2 spells with us either

Would have preferred Cahill on a year and moving into a coaching role to replace Terry

It's an unusual choice for him and Manchester United. As an Aston Villa fan I don't really care and I'm delighted he has signed on for the season, because I'm sure he's good enough to start somewhere in the Premier League. 

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

It's the opposite. In 19/20 season when he came in for a run of games PL stat tweet had Hause as most successful headers won of any player in PL minimum 50 completed. 

On Fbref he's top 99% for headers won 6.71 Mings 77% 3.07 won

To be fair to @bannedfromHandV he was referring to a comparison between Mings and Konsa with regards to the headers, not Mings and Hause.

Hause is an absolute monster in the air.

Sounds like a lot if true.

Source appears to be FI so it's likely numbers they've pulled out of their a**

Manchester United to receive £5m for season-long Axel Tuanzebe loan

A season-long loan move for Axel Tuanzebe was confirmed last Sunday as the 23-year-old completed a return to Aston Villa, with Raphael Varane’s transfer to Manchester United expected to be completed this week.

Tuanzebe, who has featured in all of United’s pre-season games so far, is unlikely to feature regularly this season and instead joined Dean Smith’s side again in search of vital senior experience.

According to Football Insider, Manchester United were intent on receiving a heft loan fee to let their centre-back go, with Aston Villa agreeing a £5m fee for the season-long arrangement.

https://strettynews.com/2021/08/09/united-receive-axel-tuanzebe-loan/

I see no problem that this deal doesn't have an option to buy (at least not one that has been publicly stated). This might be a stop-gap solution to get another body in: we then kick on again next year.

We have no need to overhaul the defence this season: don't want to unsettle that group when we have to pay attention to elsewhere on the pitch in our transfer dealings. 

19 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

He signed a new contract there today alongside his loan to us.

I guess they might not have let him come to us on loan, if he hadn't. Surely he would not have signed another contract with them otherwise, he must know now that he has no first team future with them now. Great chance for him to prove he's worth the money that they will want from us at the end of the season, to make him our player. Welcome back to where you are wanted and rated Axel!

Not too worrying that we haven't got a buy option in the loan; although I would have preferred it.

Axel is most likely going to be 3rd choice CB; behind Mings and Konsa. Although I am sure he will get some gametime throughout the season.

If he was coming in as a first choice, I would be more worried about the lack of a buy option as his value could increase over the course of the loan if he performs well.

Â