Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

On 16/07/2020 at 12:32, rodders0223 said:

Would absolutely love to see him back. My God do we miss some raw pace. Such a talented kid too.

Would have to be a loan. Not that I am sure United would want to move him on but far too many question Mark's over his fitness unfortunately for anyone to drop the money on him he is technically worth.

Also Dean has to have options if players have form dips....its not healthy to not be able to react and just keep players playing, when they dip...a rest doesn't hurt them.

Konsa and Mings had a few wobbles last season.....Dean needs to keep players on their toes....competition is healthy.

I am not convinced about loans in, either....but sometimes needs must...I trust our people.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

I think this is a very smart business from our board. Him and Young would give us a year to think whats the best for the longer term. Can also cover some positions this season, and add to the squad. 
But when was the last time we loaned the same player three times? Has it ever been done actually or not?

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

Don’t think there is. United website states that he’s signed a new contract before joining us, which ties him to them until June 2023, with the option of a further year. 

Axel Tuanzebe will spend the 2021/22 campaign on loan at Aston Villa after agreeing a season-long move to the Premier League club.

The 23-year-old has also signed a new contract at Manchester United, lasting until June 2023 with the option of an additional year's extension.

That’s disappointing then, maybe we expect Bogarde or one of the other youngsters to be ready in 12 months, so this is just plugging the gap.

4 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I think this is a very smart business from our board. Him and Young would give us a year to think whats the best for the longer term. Can also cover some positions this season, and add to the squad. 
But when was the last time we loaned the same player three times? Has it ever been done actually or not?

Not by us, but I think Jack Harrison was on loan to leeds for ages.

I don't really think it matters too much if there's an option to buy or not, if he does well enough that we want to buy him then I don't think the red devils will stand in our way, they're obviously not keen on him otherwise they would have extended his contract by more than one year, bearing in mind that his current deal only had a year left to run so he would have been out of contract at the end of his loan.

They might have said something about wanting him to come back and challenge for a place in their side, but I wouldn't read too much into that, pretty sure that Smith said exactly the same thing about Hourihane before he went on loan to Swansea.

I find it weird everyone saying he's here to effectively compete with Konsa. For me, it's Mings that is the weaker of the CBs and has more prolonged periods of lack of form.

But Tuanzebe is miles better than Hause so it improves the squad for a nominal amount.

Instead of Cash going off and being replaced by Elmo, we now have Young. Instead of a CB going off and being replaced by Hause, we now have Axel. Instead of our 2nd striker being Davis, we now have Ings. That's a much healthier squad!

Just need a hard working midfielder now. Not sure Luiz, Nakamba or even McGinn are really good enough for where we want to be.

9 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

I find it weird everyone saying he's here to effectively compete with Konsa

It’s more the like for like rather than who's the better player.

Mings is our header and blocks guy.  Hause is his deputy.

Konsa is our carry the ball defender.  Axel is his deputy

22 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

I find it weird everyone saying he's here to effectively compete with Konsa. For me, it's Mings that is the weaker of the CBs and has more prolonged periods of lack of form.

But Tuanzebe is miles better than Hause so it improves the squad for a nominal amount.

Mings and Hause are left footed LCBs for natural foot out ball. Konsa and Axel right foot for RCB. When was last time you watched Axel play? Only appeared 500 mins last 2 seasons

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Junxs said:

I just hope this doesn't block Konsas development

I have developed an extreme hatred for the "Super League 6" and moves like this to develop their players makes me sick

I don't think it will block Konsa's development at all. I think that Deano is going to rotate more this year. He's there to give Konsa and Mings a rest every few matches. Maybe Cash too; not that we should trust a Wikipedia page, but it says that he also plays on the right.

Big clubs don't play the same starting XI every match anymore. They rotate, even when everyone is healthy. You have to think of all this summer's signings with that in mind. We couldn't rotate last year because of the drop-off in quality after our usual XI. Now we will be able to. And that means we shouldn't fade like we did last year. Remember, we were fading before Grealish got hurt.

4 hours ago, Junxs said:

Very surprised how many people commenting that this is a signing that makes sense

The guys in his mid 20s now and needs to be playing regularly, seems very bizarre that he wants to come here and play backup. Essentially swapping one bench for another.

Even more bizarre when you think Purslow publicly commented on how bad loans are for progressing the club as you are developing someone else's player.

Part of me is always skeptical that the loaning club asks for % of games that their player must play.

Don't think he was that great in his 2 spells with us either

Would have preferred Cahill on a year and moving into a coaching role to replace Terry

While he's backup here, he'll be first choice to come in if anything happens to Konsa. At United, he'd need 3/4 injuries before he could play. So he's moving up in the pecking order, at a club he knows. It's a good move for him.

1 hour ago, Thug said:

It’s more the like for like rather than who's the better player.

Mings is our header and blocks guy.  Hause is his deputy.

Konsa is our carry the ball defender.  Axel is his deputy

I’d say you have that entirely the wrong way round, Konsa is the blocker and Mings the ball carrier and main point of distribution out of defence.

Although you are correct that Mings is more dominant in the air.

59 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Mings and Hause are left footed LCBs for natural foot out ball. Konsa and Axel right foot for RCB. When was last time you watched Axel play? Only appeared 500 mins last 2 seasons

He was excellent in the win over PSG last season.

8 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Although you are correct that Mings is more dominant in the air.

It's the opposite. In 19/20 season when he came in for a run of games PL stat tweet had Hause as most successful headers won of any player in PL minimum 50 completed. 

On Fbref he's top 99% for headers won 6.71 Mings 77% 3.07 won

• Like 1

Â