Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

On 19/09/2021 at 19:32, MotoMkali said:

Does anyone know if we have an option to buy. I thought I read it was for 10 mil but could be wrong 

I'd say we're bound to. The club have said before about not wanting to be reliant on loans - besides Axel knows how far down the pecking order he is at United. They'll probably bring in another host of vanity signings again next summer so I think Axel signing a new contract with them was part of the process of United securing a fee which has probably already been agreed with us. Probably just a loan to buy rather than just buying him outright on the advice of the accountants.

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I don't think we'll sign him in the summer now unless we qualify for Europe

I think he's been really good in the previous few games. He's a great defender and he'd be a good signing. 

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah but Hause won't sign a new deal if we are signing Axel is he?

Yeah this is tricky, if Hause stays and Tuanzebe joins permanently then, although  they're good, they'll both face the possibility of being only 4th choice CB. And this playing 3 CBs currently might be just temporary... It could just be the standard 2 CBs again in the formation next season.

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah but Hause won't sign a new deal if we are signing Axel is he?

I'm not sure. We're only ever 1 injury away from being in a position where we need both. Top teams, have 4 quality centre backs. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, robby b said:

Yeah this is tricky, if Hause stays and Tuanzebe joins permanently then, although  they're good, they'll both face the possibility of being only 4th choice CB. And this playing 3 CBs currently might be just temporary... It could just be the standard 2 CBs again in the formation next season.

If we get Europe we'll need the squad to play twice a week. No Europe and maybe we don't sign Axel

Bit of Twitter panic that Axel is getting recalled   to United due to the Maguire injury after he’s posted a random midweek declaration of love and thanks to the Villa fans on his Insta story.

Presumably he can’t be recalled outside of a transfer window because he’s registered with our squad?

12 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Bit of Twitter panic that Axel is getting recalled   to United due to the Maguire injury after he’s posted a random midweek declaration of love and thanks to the Villa fans on his Insta story.

Presumably he can’t be recalled outside of a transfer window because he’s registered with our squad?

I don’t think season long loans can include recall options, especially between transfer windows.

11 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I don’t think season long loans can include recall options, especially between transfer windows.

yeah, they might be able to recall him in Jan, but not now, you cant recall outside of a window.

Â