Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

4 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

From all accounts (not mine - I haven't seen the full match), both Tuanzebe and Nakamba failed to impress in this match.

How is it you can defend one and not the other - especially considering this was Tuanzebe's first game in some time?

Who's defending what? I didn't see match either. 

Edited by Kiwivillan

34 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Who's defending what? I didn't see match either. 

But you came to the following conclusions.

About Tuanzebe, after his first full game since being on loan:

44 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Said enough about him last few months when mentioned as a target but many said would be great signing. What happened?

But about Nakamba in the same game:

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

There has to be a scapegoat even in a 6-0 win. 

Doesn't seem like you are running the same rule against them both.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

But you came to the following conclusions.

About Tuanzebe, after his first full game since being on loan:

But about Nakamba in the same game:

Doesn't seem like you are running the same rule against them both.

The latter was a response to someone saying they didn't think he played that badly

Really don't think he was bad at all to be honest. Zanzala proved to be more than a test for him in aerial battles, which there isn't much shame in as that physicality is evidently his wheelhouse, but otherwise he was quite comfortable and little to no danger came through any fault of Tuanzebe's.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Gillz said:

Watching him last night made me realise what an absolute gem we have in Konsa.

Both were in a similar position about 2 years ago, now one is miles ahead

The one who is miles ahead hasn't been deprived of game time.

5 hours ago, villalad21 said:

The aerial thing has nothing to do with being rusty or lacking match fitness.

It's generally a weak point in his game.

Knowing that I think he is better equipped playing at DM.

He's not a DM. He's decent on the ball for a CB without being amazing. I like him as a player, but he's a CB or nothing for me.

Last night was just one game and I'm not surprised he's rusty. However, I wouldn't be surprised if hasn't kicked on much since his loan here. He's barely played. He was never good in the air and it doesn't look like that's changed. 

As someone said above, I'd still rather have him as a third/fourth choice CB than Engels. He at least has the potential to push Konsa and Hause.

He was a bit shaky in the air against a dude whose whole job seemed to have been to simply rough up the CB who was marking him. Apart from that he was pretty solid. Didn't see anyone get in behind him, he played it out of the back nicely. Yeah he was made to be uncomfortable, but he dealt with it. No big deal.

• Like 1

Tbf, if Konsa has sustained a bad injury I will be less concerned since at least Tuanzebe can fill in and will want to show that he’s worthy of a place in our team. Hoping that Ezri will recover over the international break though…

But we need Mings back asap, we don’t have anyone comparable in terms of leadership, organisation and presence.

Â