Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

4 hours ago, John said:

I guess they might not have let him come to us on loan, if he hadn't. Surely he would not have signed another contract with them otherwise, he must know now that he has no first team future with them now. Great chance for him to prove he's worth the money that they will want from us at the end of the season, to make him our player. Welcome back to where you are wanted and rated Axel!

Yep, I'd like to know if we tried to have an option to buy at a certain price and what the price we set was. If we did they have knocked it back and secured their asset with this new deal. Looks like the player believes he has a future up there too not sure it woudl have been just to secure a loan, whilst United it seems might not be quite so convinced. Interesting situation for him, he's a really good player that you'd think had he made the jump to us or another club a couple of years ago would have been an established first XI player by now.

• Like 1

Interesting to see the comparison between Tuanzebe and Konsa: Ezri's development over the last eighteen months has been phenomenal, while Axel hasn't dine much (injuries apart). 

Perhaps Axel has been looking on thinking that could have been him...

Indeed, perhaps a fair few young players at other cubs have been thinking the same thing. The coaching team is doing a terrific job of adding value to these players. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Interesting to see the comparison between Tuanzebe and Konsa: Ezri's development over the last eighteen months has been phenomenal, while Axel hasn't dine much (injuries apart). 

Perhaps Axel has been looking on thinking that could have been him...

Indeed, perhaps a fair few young players at other cubs have been thinking the same thing. The coaching team is doing a terrific job of adding value to these players. 

Its not always a straight progression. Axel could also look at Mings and see how his career has massively pushed on since he came to Villa and got game time from all of those injuries at Bournemouth.

• Like 1

I think Axel coming in is as much to help cover for Mings as well as Konsa. What I mean by that is he's played with Hause before, and I think alot of people are forgetting that though Tyrone is a magnificent athlete, he still was away with England for the full euros, so has had less time to rest and back to training. I know he only played two games, but mentally had to be on it all the time, and his documented mental health issues during the euros has a physical debilitating effect. As someone who was signed off work for 9 weeks with anxiety, I know how tiring it makes you.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

I think Axel coming in is as much to help cover for Mings as well as Konsa. What I mean by that is he's played with Hause before, and I think alot of people are forgetting that though Tyrone is a magnificent athlete, he still was away with England for the full euros, so has had less time to rest and back to training. I know he only played two games, but mentally had to be on it all the time, and his documented mental health issues during the euros has a physical debilitating effect. As someone who was signed off work for 9 weeks with anxiety, I know how tiring it makes you.

Most recently in those tense last few minutes of the playoff final!

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Most recently in those tense last few minutes of the playoff final!

I don't remember that. I was too busy praying while hiding under my bed. 

6 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

They must have heard us!

Nice interview but I'm gonna need him to do something with that goatee or whatever he wants to call that smh

Edited by Big Salad
  • Haha 1

I see Axel giving us flexibility, I think he will get more minutes than meets the eye.

We are still a bit vulnerable at the back post, particularly at set pieces.....I see Axel drafted in as we meet teams who set up to exploit our vulnerablity.

I don't think the team will just pick itself this season....we will have better adaption to meet  teams, varying approaches.

Edited by TRO

Just now, TRO said:

I see Axel giving us flexibility, I think he will get more minutes than meets the eye.

We are still a bit vulnerable at the back post, particularly at set pieces.....I see Axel drafted in as we meet teams who set up to exploit our vulnerablity.

I don't think the team will just pick itself this season....we will have better adaption to meet varying teams.

But Axel himself was weak at the back post he was awful in the air last time here 

4 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

But Axel himself was weak at the back post he was awful in the air last time here 

I'm not aware of that, Centre back weak in the air, doesn't follow for me....but we can't keep giving free headers like we did against the italians and many times last season.

Maybe Austin will pick up on that.

15 minutes ago, TRO said:

Could Axel play the No 6 CDM role in certain Games?

Despite him never playing there and us having at least 7 better options there?

Sure, why not. He's 6'+ and black so that ticks off the key criteria for a DM.

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don't think the team will just pick itself this season....we will have better adaption to meet  teams, varying approaches.

I've had a feeling in my gut the last couple of days, that we might go to 3 at the back in certain games, which in turn believe maybe another CD is on the way if the right deal can be done.

• Like 1

Â