Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

38 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

They lied to him,  Olé claimed he was looking forward to using and developing him, then proceeded to never play him.  Maybe due to injury but he was definitely lied to

They probably did, I suspect the new contract was to protect their investment 

40 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

They lied to him,  Olé claimed he was looking forward to using and developing him, then proceeded to never play him.  Maybe due to injury but he was definitely lied to

41 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I think we could buy him eventually. The one year extension is just to give hin market value when they sell. United have had a look and don’t fancy him.

Depends if he performs and if we pay Manure’s valuation 

Considering the CB position, DS obviously has huge faith in Konsa and Ty, and I don't think that Hause is better than Axel. Good loan, just hope we haven't paid a stupidly large fee for it.

If we do make Europe next season I think we'll need somebody better though.

• Like 2

Just now, villatillidie1980 said:

I was disappointed when he left, so pleased to see him back.

On his game, he is class.   I just hope we have the option to make it permanent if it goes well 

According to the Manure site they expect him back at the end of the season to challenge for a starting spot 🤷🏻‍♂️

2 minutes ago, villatillidie1980 said:

That’ll be frustrating if that is the case

Any loan deal with Manure will strictly be on their terms and to their benefit in the long run.

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I swear to god, I was just singing the Tuanzebe song to myself and the notification of his arrival popped up. 

Best get singing a Tammy Abraham song then :trollface:

• Haha 1

He'll have to have quite a season to be able to be a threat to Maguire and Varane, let alone Mings and Konsa.

Man U can say what they want they are putting him out on loan to put him in the shopping window.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I don’t know if this is good or not?

Better than Engles , Konsa ,Mings are obviously first choice but Im sure Axel can push them hopefully he stays fit, Hause has also been excellent every time he’s played 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Strog said:

According to the Manure site they expect him back at the end of the season to challenge for a starting spot 🤷🏻‍♂️

Unless they're planning on moving on Lindelof or Bailly (Both have contracts til 2024, Bailly's signed just 4 months ago), there's no chance of that actually happening.

But he's a popular youth product with Utd fans, so they're not exactly gonna say "We're putting him in the shop window because he never plays for us".

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Strog said:

Not sure if I mind that tbh

I think he's a good gap filler for the season, comes in under ty and konsa, suggests to me that we have no one in our youth set up ready (we don't) or that the scouts couldnt find any better or more sensible, next summer if the attack and midfield is looking good then we can try and go for someone over ty and konsa but that'll take some serious scouting and money 

The loan deal gives us time to reassess it next summer based on where we are and who is available 

We've effectively strengthened the defence this summer without actually changing it dramatically 

• Like 1

Â