Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

5 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Unless they're planning on moving on Lindelof or Bailly (Both have contracts til 2024, Bailly's signed just 4 months ago), there's no chance of that actually happening.

But he's a popular youth product with Utd fans, so they're not exactly gonna say "We're putting him in the shop window because he never plays for us".

He’d still be a bs up there. Ultimately he’d be available at the right price..

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Not sure if I mind that tbh

I think he's a good gap filler for the season, comes in under ty and konsa, suggests to me that we have no one in our youth set up ready (we don't) or that the scouts couldnt find any better or more sensible, next summer if the attack and midfield is looking good then we can try and go for someone over ty and konsa but that'll take some serious scouting and money 

The loan deal gives us time to reassess it next summer based on where we are and who is available 

We've effectively strengthened the defence this summer without actually changing it dramatically 

Yes with no one coming through the youth this loan bridges a gap. If he does well and manure are willing to sell then all good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Olof82Mellberg4 said:

All this talk of the project, we're going places etc, complaining about Jack leaving, then we're getting loans from Man City's poorer rival.

Disappointing signing, doesn't strengthen us at all and only here for a season

Only way this signing makes sense is if its a one season stop gap to allow spending in other areas. If this is genuinely thought of as a long term solution (I.e. buying him at the loans end) its pretty disappointing. Especially considering Lange's reputation for unearthing hidden gems, a re-run of an injury prone championship (potential not withstanding) level cb isn't exactly inspiring. Even more so considering events of a few days ago.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Icarium said:

Only way this signing makes sense is if its a one season stop gap to allow spending in other areas. If this is genuinely thought of as a long term solution (I.e. buying him at the loans end) its pretty disappointing. Especially considering Lange's reputation for unearthing hidden gems, a re-run of an injury prone championship (potential not withstanding) level cb isn't exactly inspiring. Even more so considering events of a few days ago.

I think it's the former rather than the latter

Buying a £50m 1st choice CB doesn't make sense for us right now

Buying a £10m 20 year CB who in 2 years time will be 1st choice, konsa mkII isn't easy and I don't think we've found him 

• Like 1

Very surprised how many people commenting that this is a signing that makes sense

The guys in his mid 20s now and needs to be playing regularly, seems very bizarre that he wants to come here and play backup. Essentially swapping one bench for another.

Even more bizarre when you think Purslow publicly commented on how bad loans are for progressing the club as you are developing someone else's player.

Part of me is always skeptical that the loaning club asks for % of games that their player must play.

Don't think he was that great in his 2 spells with us either

Would have preferred Cahill on a year and moving into a coaching role to replace Terry

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Very surprised how many people commenting that this is a signing that makes sense

The guys in his mid 20s now and needs to be playing regularly, seems very bizarre that he wants to come here and play backup. Essentially swapping one bench for another.

Even more bizarre when you think Purslow publicly commented on how bad loans are for progressing the club as you are developing someone else's player.

Part of me is always skeptical that the loaning club asks for % of games that their player must play.

Don't think he was that great in his 2 spells with us either

Would have preferred Cahill on a year and moving into a coaching role to replace Terry

The season starts next weekend. We needed quality depth in the position. Sorted. Not ideal but we are stronger as a team today than we were yesterday. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I for one am bitterly disappointed as I had hoped we'd steal his song for Leon Bailey which we can't really do now.  So for that reason I am out. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

This signing isn't about strengthening our first team. We get a cheap backup for a year and we can buy a new centre half when we don't have quite so many pressing needs as now. 

I like him. He is smart, skilled and has potential. But he is a project. I do not want us to act as a finishing school for Man Utd, for him to gain fitness, consistency and development. They seem to view this loan as such. I just hope we're adequately protected. 

Good signing. Not much risk and not much outlay for someone who knows the club and will be adequate cover if needed.

If signing Axel means we can put an extra 15mil on top of another signing then it is worth it. 

• Like 1

Â