Robert Snodgrass

alreadyexists

Cracking player and season, but I am surprised people thought he contributed that well defensively on sat, i thought he gave up on chasing Adoma a few times. Didn't look like he fancied the chase. If it wasn't for Hutton he would have been very exposed in that. Still, that's not his main asset and overall he has been great.  

2 hours ago, jimcohen said:

Cracking player and season, but I am surprised people thought he contributed that well defensively on sat, i thought he gave up on chasing Adoma a few times. Didn't look like he fancied the chase. If it wasn't for Hutton he would have been very exposed in that. Still, that's not his main asset and overall he has been great.  

I think he sensibly realised, after being totally bamboozled the first 4 times he tried, that he was wasting his time with Traore.

He does look though, to me, that he is another running on fresh air.  Him and Albert (more so) look like the huge effort they put in - Snodgrass work rate and mental approach across this time was phenomenal in my view  - between October/November and early April, to get us back in real contention, has used up all the fuel in the tank. Hopefully - especially in Snodders case - theres just enough in reserve.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, jimcohen said:

He made more tackles than anyone else (10) in the entire game.  I'm surprised anyone thinks he didn't do well defensively!

22 hours ago, jimcohen said:

He pulled out of a couple of challenges, with Hutton covering behind, after he'd been booked.

I think of all the players in the squad the notion of 'not fancying the chase' couldn't be further from the truth when it comes to Snodgrass, he runs himself into the ground every game. Imagine if he'd picked up a second yellow for tripping up Traore unnecessarily!

Having met him at the awards night and had a bit of banter with him, it's clear he is the joker of the pack. Someone like that, whilst still remaining professional, is crucial for the mood around the camp. 

Really like Snoddy and hope he stays another season. 

• Like 1

he looks punctured after the warm up. I always think he is on his last legs and couldnt have another sprint in him but he just gets up and does it again. Its a quality that Gazza had also and I think it lulls opposition into a a false set of security when they see Snoddy bent over and blowing out his **** like a 60 year old athsmatic (sp?).

flippin love the guy and I think when the other players see creative attacking guys like him chasing back and crunching into tackles it really sets the tone

On 15/05/2018 at 15:36, One For The Road said:

Having met him at the awards night and had a bit of banter with him, it's clear he is the joker of the pack. Someone like that, whilst still remaining professional, is crucial for the mood around the camp. 

Really like Snoddy and hope he stays another season. 

Agree, you can see the difference with him and Terry providing great togetherness between the squad, and the squad connection with the fans. For too long there has been massive divides in both. I remember him coming on against Brentford for his debut, and geeing up the crowd as the atmosphere was a bit tense. You could see he wasn’t fully fit, but I said to my Dad at the time he would be an important player this season.

Hats off to Steve Bruce for bringing in quality characters to the squad to fix that bad divide, it really feels like the atmosphere around the place has done a 180 turn from where we were 18 months ago.

• Like 2

Â