Robert Snodgrass

alreadyexists

I don't see Pellegrini playing him so he may be out on loan again but today he was pretty poor but I think he didn't help he had a half fit Elmo behind him so he was double marked , also in the FH out tactic was to lump it forward to his wing for him to head one ,,,wtf 

Also it's well documented that his issue as West Ham was he Bilic wouldn't play him on his favoured side , which we have but its meant that when things are not going right we don't switch the wingers over .Adomah's pace and crossing on his natural foot is lost as he always put out on the left.

I do like him though and he has done well and comes across as a decent character but I think that's he last of his time here today 

He's been my favorite player this season, but today he was the biggest disappointment to me. He had no influence on the game. Invisible.

Unfortunately this probably means he's gone.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thejoker said:

I would want someone with some pace in his role next season

Pace is one of the things we have lacked this season and now with Snodgrass no longer here we have the opportunity to improve on that. I'd imagine Green is a shoe in for wide right next season as long as he can stay fit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Pace is one of the things we have lacked this season and now with Snodgrass no longer here we have the opportunity to improve on that. I'd imagine Green is a shoe in for wide right next season as long as he can stay fit.

Yes Mark......but Green cannot work the ball like Snoddy.

except today of course.

4 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

We can do better, losing him is a good thing. We need to have a blank ban on slow players. Being slow throughout the midfield has been our biggest issue this season.

Kind of agree. He’s been good this year but a bit more pace and directness wouldn’t hurt in my opinion. 

I think Snoddy has had a really good season, and I like him,but I see his shortfalls too.

His age is catching up and not dynamic enough.....today was miserably unusual.

• Like 1

He monopolieses our set pieces and his delivery isnt that great, must be better in training, he's work rate is excellent and hes a below average premier league player, propably one of our better players. Let him go unless he's cheap.

A lot of annoying things will result and have resulted from the game yesterday, but the “Andre green will be just as good/better “ take has to be one of the more annoying. Apart from a fine performance against Norwich, has he had any other good performances for the first team? He even looked off the pace for the u-23s this year.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

A lot of annoying things will result and have resulted from the game yesterday, but the “Andre green will be just as good/better “ take has to be one of the more annoying. Apart from a fine performance against Norwich, has he had any other good performances for the first team? He even looked off the pace for the u-23s this year.

I agree I don't think Green will be an improvement on Snodgrass. I do think though Green is potentially a very good player for this level. I wouldn't judge him on what he did for the under 23's this season as he was coming back from injury on the occasions he did play for them and was never anything like fully fit so no surprise whilst using the under 23 games as a means to find fitness and get up to speed that he did look off the pace.

Getting back to Snodgrass if he did have pace he would be starting week in week out for a top half Prem league side as technically he is very good and his work rate is excellent. I'd like him to stay but he won't and him leaving does allow us in that position to improve on a lack of pace in the team and I'd hope that is what we will do.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

I can't deny it snodgrasses set pieces over the side have gone beyond shocking. I'm sick of seeing him hit freekicks into a wall and over hitting corners.

He is slow as well. Would i take him back on loan? Possibly but for me his lack of pace is a massive problem. We are shit offensively at counter attacking as our midfield are like snails.

We need to seriously invest in some pacey players into the midfield

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

For better or for worse we will have to find out by giving players like Green a chance. Green of course isn't exactly a replacement for Snodgrass as he plays on the left. I think Green can become a good player for us next season with a run of games and no injuries. Green on the left, Adomah on the right will deliver for us IMO.

• Like 1

Would take him for another season. Pace is a flaw, but then so was our method of hoofing it to Snodgrass on the wing against Fulham.

Get him on the edge of the box and he can cause trouble.

Â