Robert Snodgrass

alreadyexists

21 minutes ago, Xela said:

I love his passion! Absolutely loves it here. We have to get him permanently in the summer. 

A Titan.

31 in September, but agree with people wanting him signed permanently.  The price has to be right, but he's got a good football brain and has experience.  We shouldn't all be obsessed with age and pace.  

4 hours ago, Xela said:

He's only 30!

And he's wily. Not blessed with pace or talent but he can get down the pitch by out-witting his opponent.

He's obviously not as accomplished as Terry, but I get the impression he's been just as positive an influence on a presence level.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

And he's wily. Not blessed with pace or talent but he can get down the pitch by out-witting his opponent.

He's obviously not as accomplished as Terry, but I get the impression he's been just as positive an influence on a presence level.

Um......

4 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

You'll have to elaborate.

I don't see him as particularly fast, more agile. Skilled rather than talented.

You're going to have to explain the difference between skilled and talented!

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

You're going to have to explain the difference between skilled and talented!

Talent you have naturally. Skill is only developed through hours and hours of beating on your craft.

12 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Talent you have naturally. Skill is only developed through hours and hours of beating on your craft.

Not trying to be argumentative, but I don't follow this distinction. Nobody is born brilliant at football?

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Not trying to be argumentative, but I don't follow this distinction. Nobody is born brilliant at football?

I assume it's splitting between players who just seem to ooze an easy predisposition to their arena and those who graft hard to become really good. I'm a bit doubtful myself, as the former still have to work bloody hard, but they just make it look automatic. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

I assume it's splitting between players who just seem to ooze an easy predisposition to their arena and those who graft hard to become really good. I'm a bit doubtful myself, as the former still have to work bloody hard, but they just make it look automatic. 

Agree with this. I was going to say i think the difference is that skill is learning to apply your talent effectively.

I give you Jack Grealish as exhibit 1.

Unless you're George Best, you can't generally get by just on talent.

I don't really see the grounds for saying Snoddy doesn't have talent. Sure, he's a grafter, but he's a rather good one, no? He was offered trials by Celtic and Barcelona when a nipper so he must have had a bit of a spark about him.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I would say the best loan player we’ve had in the last ten years? His contributions this season have been so, so good.

Are you mad?  Have you forgotten the genius that was Jenas?  Will never forget his 3 appearances.  Short sighted memories some of our fans.   :flag:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Are you mad?  Have you forgotten the genius that was Jenas?  Will never forget his 3 appearances.  Short sighted memories some of our fans.   :flag:

I dont think any other player has ever found a sprinkler on the Villa Park pitch and got injured

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I would say the best loan player we’ve had in the last ten years? His contributions this season have been so, so good.

Two words.

Tiago Ilori.

Â