Robert Snodgrass

alreadyexists

15 minutes ago, skarroki said:

He doesn't have pace but it's not a flaw. He's a very talented player and should not be in the championship. We were lucky to get him on loan for a season and the fact is if he's not here next season it's because he's got much better options at a higher level, not because we'd rather risk playing an inconsistent winger from the academy. 

All this isn't taking into account his drive and personality which can only have a positive effect on the dressing room. And he's someone who has worked under Bruce and always done a job for him. 

Been happy to have him this season and will be gutted to see him go. 

He is elite level championship, low level Premier League standard.

As you say, he more than makes up for it with other qualities, but he lacks pace, which can be identified, exposed and dealt with accordingly, a flaw.

2 minutes ago, Cliffy Biro said:

If we could get him on the cheap or a loan again then he'd be a good addition to the squad again but im not really arsed if he doesn't return either.

I’d rather go with green and use snoddys wages elsewhere next season .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eastie said:

I’d rather go with green and use snoddys wages elsewhere next season .

Well Green is another topic for his own thread but i don't think theres a comparison at this point between the two. One (Snoddy) has made a huge impact on our season and one hasn't.

27 minutes ago, Cliffy Biro said:

Well Green is another topic for his own thread but i don't think theres a comparison at this point between the two. One (Snoddy) has made a huge impact on our season and one hasn't.

Mainly because he’s been injured . 

‘As for snoddy - he’s been great but West Ham are unlikely to  let him leave for a low fee and he’s probably not going to be here 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Mainly because he’s been injured

‘As for snoddy - he’s been great but West Ham are unlikely to  let him leave for a low fee and he’s probably not going to be here 

Or not.

I've been critical of Snodders on here a fair few times this season, and been called out for it a fair few times. 

The things I didn't like about him have in recent weeks been on show. 

To my mind he often receives the ball on the wing and fails to beat his man in a way that sets him off in a good attacking way, and his ball delivery has been disappointing.  His free kicks are an abomination. 

I know his attitude is great and he gives his all, but ultimately he's meant to be a winger therefore should frequently beat his man and get in a deadly cross. 

I know people will disagree and come on here giving me a piece of their mind, but I am just not seeing what they all are. 

I will not be devastated if we cannot get him back. 

Albert can return to his correct position (which I think will suit him far far better anyway) and Andre Green can come in on the left. 

That way we will maybe have men going for the line and whipping balls in instead of constantly cutting back and laying the ball into a humdrum midfield who will do little more than recycle it or lay back further for defence. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

Love his mentality and he has put some great performances in, but I agree with sidcow. The final showed how painfully predictable he is with that lack of pace and cutting inside every single time, holding onto the ball for longer than he should. He also made the wrong decision in what could have ended up as our most clear cut chance of the game, shooting way wide from Grealish's back heel when he could have slipped either Adomah or Grabban in.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AVTuco said:

He could've not had an impact even if he hadn't been injured. We don't know.

We don't know your right but it was assumed by your post that your questioned whether he was actually injured

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

We don't know your right but it was assumed by your post that your questioned whether he was actually injured

Poorly written from me, I agree.

Edited by AVTuco
  • Like 1

To me he ran out of steam in the last few weeks of the season. He wasn't alone in that. The dip in form from him and adomah stifled our supply line in the last few weeks of the season IMO. 

1 hour ago, hippo said:

To me he ran out of steam in the last few weeks of the season. He wasn't alone in that. The dip in form from him and adomah stifled our supply line in the last few weeks of the season IMO. 

In fairness our lack of options in the wide areas has really hurt us. No room for rotation/resting at all.

On 27/05/2018 at 20:52, sidcow said:

I've been critical of Snodders on here a fair few times this season, and been called out for it a fair few times. 

The things I didn't like about him have in recent weeks been on show. 

To my mind he often receives the ball on the wing and fails to beat his man in a way that sets him off in a good attacking way, and his ball delivery has been disappointing.  His free kicks are an abomination. 

I know his attitude is great and he gives his all, but ultimately he's meant to be a winger therefore should frequently beat his man and get in a deadly cross. 

I know people will disagree and come on here giving me a piece of their mind, but I am just not seeing what they all are. 

I will not be devastated if we cannot get him back. 

Albert can return to his correct position (which I think will suit him far far better anyway) and Andre Green can come in on the left. 

That way we will maybe have men going for the line and whipping balls in instead of constantly cutting back and laying the ball into a humdrum midfield who will do little more than recycle it or lay back further for defence. 

Our wingers get caught in possession a bit too easily.....a strong leader at No 9 would have brought them in more.....I think they both ran out of steam as the season progressed.

• Like 1

"I am gutted we didn’t achieve our goal, but I am delighted I got the chance to play for this terrific club and thank everybody from fans, players and staff from day one making me feel at home. Whatever happens I have loved pulling on that jersey and met some great people."

Nice words above from Snodders from the club's site. I will be sad to see him go as I assume he must.:(

• Like 1

Â