Robert Snodgrass

alreadyexists

On 27/05/2018 at 20:52, sidcow said:

I've been critical of Snodders on here a fair few times this season, and been called out for it a fair few times. 

The things I didn't like about him have in recent weeks been on show. 

To my mind he often receives the ball on the wing and fails to beat his man in a way that sets him off in a good attacking way, and his ball delivery has been disappointing.  His free kicks are an abomination. 

I know his attitude is great and he gives his all, but ultimately he's meant to be a winger therefore should frequently beat his man and get in a deadly cross. 

I know people will disagree and come on here giving me a piece of their mind, but I am just not seeing what they all are. 

I will not be devastated if we cannot get him back. 

Albert can return to his correct position (which I think will suit him far far better anyway) and Andre Green can come in on the left. 

That way we will maybe have men going for the line and whipping balls in instead of constantly cutting back and laying the ball into a humdrum midfield who will do little more than recycle it or lay back further for defence. 

I am not disagreeing with you at all......but my interpretation is they (the wingers)never had a dominant centre forward to play off .... they had to run with the ball too much and got caught.....they should have been playing the ball in early, going past their man ball free and receiving it back further up from the dominant centre forward ready to receive the cross from them.....they too would have clear target to aim for to a player who stands his ground and physically imposes himself

Edited by TRO

On 29/05/2018 at 13:40, John said:

"I am gutted we didn’t achieve our goal, but I am delighted I got the chance to play for this terrific club and thank everybody from fans, players and staff from day one making me feel at home. Whatever happens I have loved pulling on that jersey and met some great people."

Nice words above from Snodders from the club's site. I will be sad to see him go as I assume he must.:(

Depressing reading as you could tell that he gave everything for this club. You can imagine him and Terry bollocking the players in the dressing room when attitudes started to slip. Will be a huge miss if we can't get him back next season, but I think Pellegrini will probably want to take a look at him as a potential option.

• Like 2

I think the prospect of so many players leaving/returning to parent clubs is showing us how much we appreciate the current squad! By no means the perfect squad but plenty of good players/characters.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1

On 29/05/2018 at 13:40, John said:

"I am gutted we didn’t achieve our goal, but I am delighted I got the chance to play for this terrific club and thank everybody from fans, players and staff from day one making me feel at home. Whatever happens I have loved pulling on that jersey and met some great people."

Nice words above from Snodders from the club's site. I will be sad to see him go as I assume he must.:(

??

29 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

Has anyone seen the posts on Instagram from Jack and Alan regarding Snodgrass? Not sure if this is also a goodbye post.

No. Can't see anything from either of them.

Where did you see it?

Liked his attitude and work rate but wrong side of thirty now and that for a wide man is getting on a bit so wouldn’t be too disappointed not to see him back again.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, striker said:

Liked his attitude and work rate but wrong side of thirty now and that for a wide man is getting on a bit so wouldn’t be too disappointed not to see him back again.

He's got the footballing brain and the right attitude to shift infield like Giggs did when he lost his pace. I think he'd make a fantastic Milner-esque central midfielder but sadly doesnt look like we have the funds to even think about it

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Contributed to 21 goals for us. Will be a hugh loss and puts even more emphasis on us hopefully keeping hold of Grealish. 

We lack a lot of creativity. 

Being heavily linked with his old boss Warnock at Cardiff - how different things might have been :(

• Sad 1

One slight positive is that there won't be that much of a drop off in terms of set pieces as Hourihane's left foot is just as sweet. His cleverness and work rate will be missed but he lacked the pace as a right winger cutting in on his left to offer real penetration. If a proper pacy winger can be signed on loan/for cheap it might actually improve the team.

• Like 1

Â