Robert Snodgrass

alreadyexists

On 17/05/2018 at 01:07, briny_ear said:

You're going to have to explain the difference between skilled and talented!

Shall we just agree he's an all round good egg and be happy he is wearing Claret/Blue tomorrow.

i love his tenacity, professionalism, know - how, desire to succeed - I feel that on his game tomorrow would go along way  to achieving the result we are all hoping for.

Need to move on from players like this. Yes he has been good overall, but hasn't always delivered in the very big games, he's too slow and doesn't see the pass quick enough. He also will be on a small fortune salary wise. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Need to move on from players like this. Yes he has been good overall, but hasn't always delivered in the very big games, he's too slow and doesn't see the pass quick enough. He also will be on a small fortune salary wise. 

Lmao at least he was on loan. WTF are we gonna do with Hogan, Cormack and Lansbury who have lucractive contracts ..

Had a great season, tailed off towards the end probably due to tiredness. We won't see him back here unfortunately, but its probably for the best. O'Hare needs more of a look in now we're down here again.

He has been fantastic for us but the last 4 weeks have shown that (a) the Championship or lower Premier League is very much his level and (b) he is not worth whatever WH will want for him. I doubt he'll be available on loan again next season which is probably just as well, as we desperately need some pace out wide.

All these older players Snodgrass /Kodjia etc have a self fish mentality: it’s all for personal glory / I score more goals I will be getting bigger contracts / pay rise. The modern game is more about Assists / creating chances for team mates .. How many times have you seen a Villa beating a few men & laying off a nice pass for his teammate to score ? Far & few between 

Just now, Digavilla said:

All these older players Snodgrass /Kodjia etc have a self fish mentality: it’s all for personal glory / I score more goals I will be getting bigger contracts / pay rise. The modern game is more about Assists / creating chances for team mates .. How many times have you seen a Villa beating a few men & laying off a nice pass for his teammate to score ? Far & few between 

That's what you get when your transfer strategy for 2 seasons in a row is to buy players with most goals and assists in Championship. 

That has been literally our transfer plan.. 

I’d keep him but play him in the ‘nothing’ games during the season and rest him towards the end. He has a lot to offer and will be good to learn from for the young lads but he tires easily and has looked knackered recently which has clearly been affecting his performances but his effort and work rate is top notch, it’s just he obviously can’t hack a full season. If we get a cut price offer snap him up but not at the cost of other signings with more skill and application.

53 minutes ago, Ponky said:

He has been fantastic for us but the last 4 weeks have shown that (a) the Championship or lower Premier League is very much his level and (b) he is not worth whatever WH will want for him. I doubt he'll be available on loan again next season which is probably just as well, as we desperately need some pace out wide.

West hams reported valuation is ludicrous, and I don't expect pellegrini to be interested in him, so I don't believe this £12m figure at all. I don't know when his contract expires, but I find it easy to imagine him on loan next season  (possibly not for us though, guess it depends on who our manager is)

Â