Robert Snodgrass

alreadyexists

Even if we don't go up, he would be a good signing. Probably won't cost too much, and if we give him some rests, he can still deliver. We have O'Hare, and Green to hopefully take some of his minutes too. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, honest_bertie said:

I think he has plenty to offer still but going the way of Whelan, getting old and cant quite play to level he has in the past. Always looks like he is about to cough up his lungs or colapse. When on form he's great but not as consistant as he used to be. 

What i really like about him is his passion and evident care for the team and club. Cant knock his attitude and i really like some of the sly play he does, we've been missing that for a long time and he, JT and Jed have brought a little more slyness to the team, winning fouls, backing up teammates when scuffles happen, we used to be to much of a pushover. Maybe wortg one more year if qe dont go up but not sure he could handle the pace in the PL if we do go up.

I think this applies to most of our team. There are times they just look like what they are, slightly past it older players on their last hurrah.

We don't have the youthful vigour of so many of the teams in this division.

• Like 2

Just saw he’s tied for most assists in the division, 14 this season.

His game isn’t reliant on pace, he’s very comfortable on the ball and works hard. I’d be annoyed if we don’t try and sign him permanently, whatever division we end up in

• Like 3

4 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

I think this applies to most of our team. There are times they just look like what they are, slightly past it older players on their last hurrah.

We don't have the youthful vigour of so many of the teams in this division.

Agree. Bruce has assembled a team that is specifically designed to get us promoted this season. Some of them are already in sharp decline at the end of this season. If we do not go up then I imagine there will be a very large clear out. I think Snodgrass will be a part of that. While that would be a shame, he just LOVES playing for us and I love him right back, I would understand the logic of letting him return and not bidding on him.

• Like 2

It's not like his position at West Ham is tenable. So that is favourable to us in regards to what comes after this season.

He's 30, consistent in the Premier League, elite in the championship. As has been said, great attitude and plays for the club. Absolutely should be looking at extending his stay.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Starting to see why opposition fans dislike him so much - I wish he'd stop diving.

I usually think he is very clever and wins a lot through that. Tonight however was just terrible diving. 

Think he needs this 8 days off now before our next fixture more than anyone. He busts his gut every game, so no wonder he’s shattered but admittedly tonight he fell a bit short on quality. 

I still believe he’s one of our best players technically when he’s on song, and his experience could be crucial come play offs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

Think he needs this 8 days off now before our next fixture more than anyone. He busts his gut every game, so no wonder he’s shattered but admittedly tonight he fell a bit short on quality. 

I still believe he’s one of our best players technically when he’s on song, and his experience could be crucial come play offs.

Agreed, still put in another incredible shift .

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

Could do with a rest but I'm not sure who comes in for him? Guess we could move Adomah to the right if we keep Grabban and Kodjia in the side 

Is the right answer other than Adomah has been very poor also BUT if he replaces Snodders he gets to play on his correct side so may benefit and play better. 

Snodders has continued his truly dreadful run. 

Can't beat a player, can't cross, can't hit a free kick anywhere other than straight at the wall. 

I am failing to see ANYTHING he is offering currently. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sidcow said:

Can't beat a player, can't cross, can't hit a free kick anywhere other than straight at the wall. 

I am failing to see ANYTHING he is offering currently. 

He put in a fantastic ball for Grabban, that Grabban really should have scored but plunked it straight at the keeper.

Also, he would have had a great chance to score himself if Adomah had picked him out (he was free in the middle of the box), only for Adomah to incredibly selfishly try and bend it in himself from a bad angle.

Didn’t he also pick out Jedinak’s head with a free kick out wide late on? Only for Jedinak to completely fluff his free header?

I’ve admitted he had a poor game by his standards, he did drive two free kicks straight into the wall. He’s still out best set piece taker IMO though, and his corners were still mostly excellent. Really fizzes them in, especially compared to Westwood’s dinks for keeper catching practice.

3 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

He put in a fantastic ball for Grabban, that Grabban really should have scored but plunked it straight at the keeper.

Also, he would have had a great chance to score himself if Adomah had picked him out (he was free in the middle of the box), only for Adomah to incredibly selfishly try and bend it in himself from a bad angle.

Didn’t he also pick out Jedinak’s head with a free kick out wide late on? Only for Jedinak to completely fluff his free header?

I’ve admitted he had a poor game by his standards, he did drive two free kicks straight into the wall. He’s still out best set piece taker IMO though, and his corners were still mostly excellent. Really fizzes them in, especially compared to Westwood’s dinks for keeper catching practice.

I think he also put the ball through to hogan who really should have got a shot away.

• Like 2

Â