Robert Snodgrass

alreadyexists

2 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I'm very happy with this signing! Didn't think we would have a chance of signing him. I agree that right wing is not a position we need to strengthen really, but if we have the opportunity to sign a player of his calibre we shouldn't hesitate. If he is fit and in form he must be one of, if not the, best player in the Championship in this position.

Well after watching his interview, he said he plays right wing, or behind the striker.

I'm guessing he will be more placed behind the striker, with a view to being able to go right if necessary.

20 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well after watching his interview, he said he plays right wing, or behind the striker.

I'm guessing he will be more placed behind the striker, with a view to being able to go right if necessary.

I imagine Bruce will deploy him on the left then ;)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Not convinced that Bruce picks players on merit.

Why do you think he picks them? Just because merit is subjective doesn't mean he's purposefully picking worse players. I always find this hard to comprehend; people seem to think if someone is doing a bad job then it's on purpose. Even the worse football manager out there is not trying to lose football matches, they all do what they think is for the best... some people disagree and that's fine.

Works in a 4141 rw or rm 

Whelan/Jedinak

Adelmoh/Snod - Onomah - Hourihane - Green

Davis/Hogan 

I'd have no problem benching Whelan and playing Onomah DM

Edited by Kiwivillan

10 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Why do you think he picks them? Just because merit is subjective doesn't mean he's purposefully picking worse players. I always find this hard to comprehend; people seem to think if someone is doing a bad job then it's on purpose. Even the worse football manager out there is not trying to lose football matches, they all do what they think is for the best... some people disagree and that's fine.

Doing what they think is best and picking players on merit can be two different things.

Hopefully this is that missing mystical attacking link midfielder we have been crying out for.

I have my doubts tbh, but I remember having the same when we signed merson....fingers crossed then!

Snodgrass is a right winger, Adomah is a right winger, Elmohamady is a right winger, Green is right footed. Who is our left winger?

Since Bruce took over nearly every attack has gone down the right wing. We've become so predictable that other teams know how to play us. We need a bit of balance to our team, a bit of width and left side quality. 

1 hour ago, villabromsgrove said:

Snodgrass is a right winger, Adomah is a right winger, Elmohamady is a right winger, Green is right footed. Who is our left winger?

Since Bruce took over nearly every attack has gone down the right wing. We've become so predictable that other teams know how to play us. We need a bit of balance to our team, a bit of width and left side quality. 

Irrespective of green being right footed he is perfectly good enough to play left wing for us in this division and will create plenty from that position .

snodgrass is a step above Elmo and adomah and will be a huge player for us this season in my opinion . 

55 minutes ago, striker said:

My only concern with this signing is O'Hare won't get too many games now if Snodgrass stays fit.

Don't see them playing the same role to be honest - I think o hare is more a player in the hole or middle 3 whereas snodgrass is more a natural wiDe  man .

I like o hare and feel he needs to be at least an option from the bench .

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I think Snodgrass will be central behind the striker. Which seems a shame when hourihane scored a hattrick when playing there for the first time. 

I'd prefer him wide with Elmo as a squad player. 

His interview he expressed a desire to be in his best position and said that was a big reason in leaving West Ham - I'd be surprised if he wasn't wide right .

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

His interview he expressed a desire to be in his best position and said that was a big reason in leaving West Ham - I'd be surprised if he wasn't wide right .

He said his best position was right or central behind the striker 

Got a good feeling about this signing, the timing is excellent and he wants to prove himself, plus he is proven quality in the prem. Will have to be pencilled for the centre, as otherwise Adomah becomes obsolete and that makes no sense given his record last year. 

Â