Robert Snodgrass

alreadyexists

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

It really shouldn't have been that tough, it was a home league game against a side who haven't won a league game so far this season. 

Agreef i meant tough coming in from the way we were playing. Reminded me a lot of the wolves home game last season. Rubbish and toothless

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

:crylaugh:Only Villa will buy an unfit player to replace players we already have in the same position.

did we really need to sign 2 right wingers in summer when had Adomah. more of the mismanagement at the club

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Give this a bump. 

Have to say I've been impressed with him so far,  think he'll be a vital player for us this season. 

Good player and we now  look potent attacking wise with good width a striker whose hold up play is superb and a goal scorer back - positives at last . 

• Like 2

On 9/9/2017 at 18:45, HanoiVillan said:

He was absolutely abysmal, didn't do a single thing right. 

I'm devastated that we signed him. We didn't need him, I don't want him, he offers another 'option' that just prevents building a settled side who understand each other. Pointless pointless pointless. 

"Devastated"? Really? Now Green is a long term absence, who else would you play on the wing ahead of him? Baffling. 

I've been impressed with him in the two games he has started. As others have said he doesn't look 100% fit yet, which is no surprise given he hadn't played this season until the last week, but he has still been very good.

As well as him being an attacking threat it has been good to see he also doesn't mind getting stuck in, chasing back and putting a foot in. Early days but looks like he could be a very good signing and an influential player this season.

• Like 2

On 09/09/2017 at 21:16, NoelVilla said:

:crylaugh:Only Villa will buy an unfit player to replace players we already have in the same position.

The whole squad looked ****..

James Chester gasping for breathe after 30 minutes as if he has just ran the great north run! - is one example!

I was very pleased when we signed him and yesterday reminded me why. Whilst he doesn't look near match fit yet (unsurprisingly) he does however give everything he has for the team. As someone mentioned above he chases back any lost cause and gets stuck in. He's got a great brain and has a great delivery too. He's a very positive player and I'm sure he'll be a very good option for us going forwards. Green isn't the final article yet and, whilst he can show glimpses of excitement in his play, I think Snodgrass is a much more reliable option. (But happy to have both to mix up). We'll see the best of Snodgrass when he's fully fit but we've got a decent player there and one who is out to try his hardest and give his all for us. His experience will benefit us too.

Edited by roonst83

He could be the difference in us getting promoted and not.  Fingers crossed he stays fit.  When fit he will give Kodjia a run for his money for being our best player.

Ignore what happened at Westham, he didnt fit into their team.  I honestly believe they bought him to relegate Hull.  They were only 1pt ahead of Hull at the time and he was Hulls only player.

Â