Robert Snodgrass

alreadyexists

Good Managers buy players to fit a system or style of play, as we don't have either of those, Bruce just buys players.

This season is a right off already, what's the point in having the best players in the league if you cannot make the best team.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, macandally said:

Good Managers buy players to fit a system or style of play, as we don't have either of those, Bruce just buys players.

He has been bought to play the number 10 role that Grealish was earmarked for.

......to play in the same 4 2 3 1 formation we have used for a year (Bar the Bristol fiasco).

34 minutes ago, Nigel said:

He has been bought to play the number 10 role that Grealish was earmarked for.

......to play in the same 4 2 3 1 formation we have used for a year (Bar the Bristol fiasco).

I coached and played a 4-2-3-1 for two years with my team, Bruce has not played a 4-2-3-1.  It's a bastardised 4-4-1-1/4-5-1 at best.  Jedinak doesn't drop in between the centre backs to release the full backs, nor does Whelan.  The wingers are not cutting in on to their natural feet and the strikers aren't creating opposites and angles with their runs to open that space up.  That is coaching a 4-2-3-1 and no sign of that at all.

i would love us to play a 4-2-3-1 as it would suit the players we have had for 18 months but is not the case.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, macandally said:

I coached and played a 4-2-3-1 for two years with my team, Bruce has not played a 4-2-3-1.  It's a bastardised 4-4-1-1/4-5-1 at best.  Jedinak doesn't drop in between the centre backs to release the full backs, nor does Whelan.  The wingers are not cutting in on to their natural feet and the strikers aren't creating opposites and angles with their runs to open that space up.  That is coaching a 4-2-3-1 and no sign of that at all.

i would love us to play a 4-2-3-1 as it would suit the players we have had for 18 months but is not the case.  

We definitely did play 4231 against Norwich and Wigan.

No offence but your 2 years of playing and coaching it don't compare to Bruce's. 

As for Snodgrass I'm sure we'll see him the 10 role

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

We definitely did play 4231 against Norwich and Wigan.

No offence but your 2 years of playing and coaching it don't compare to Bruce's. 

As for Snodgrass I'm sure we'll see him the 10 role

4-4-1-1 with Hourihane in behind Davis, and the kiddie against Wigan.  No offence taken, but it's in the set up and movement, not a 4-2-3-1

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

He was absolutely abysmal, didn't do a single thing right. 

I'm devastated that we signed him. We didn't need him, I don't want him, he offers another 'option' that just prevents building a settled side who understand each other. Pointless pointless pointless. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â