Robert Snodgrass

alreadyexists

£1.5m option to buy according to the chaps on KUMB. That cant be right surely...

oh, now theres some debate about the actual option price - some saying double that at around £3m. Either way, they arent happy as they bought him for £10m apparantly:blink: 

Edited by TheMelvillan
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

£1.5m option to buy according to the chaps on KUMB. That cant be right surely...

oh, now theres some debate about the actual option price - some saying double that at around £3m. Either way, they arent happy as they bought him for £10m apparantly:blink: 

Sounds like a deal we would have made 2010-2015. 

• Like 1

Fantastic signing, less than a year ago he looked like a world beater at Hull and was carrying their team week in week out. No idea whats went wrong at West Ham but they were justified on spending that amount on him at the time, he was putting an assist/goal in every week. Actually surprised one of the promoted sides hasnt snapped him up

23 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Players don't fix terrible tactics. 

Well hang on. People blame Bruce for signing Hogan when we have no one to play passes to his strengths, but when we sign someone who can unlock defences and provide those passes they are not needed? Does not compute. 

Players can fix tactics if they are right for the system the manager is trying to implement to enforce his tactics. 

Can't have it both ways. 

Edited by sidcow

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Well hang on. People blame Bruce for signing Hogan when we have no one to play passes to his strengths, but when we sign someone who can unlock defences and provide those passes they are not needed? Does not compute. 

Players can fix tactics if they are right for the system the manager is trying to implement to enforce his tactics. 

Can't have it both ways. 

Hmmm. Respectfully disagree. I do believe we have the players who can play to Hogan's strengths, I see a complete lack of trying to do so. I don't see how Snodgrass is going to change that either.

But hey, if Snodgrass is going to assist Hogan with 15 goals this season then great. I'm all for it. 

We'll just have to wait and see. :) 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

No? Says who? You?

Why are our players better than Readings? Because last time I checked, they were beaten play off finalists and we finished mid table.

We have a strong squad in areas but a hugely unbalanced one. Snodgrass will help address this unbalance as we're s*** at creating chances for our strikers. 

I'd say as a whole our squad is better and you'd be in the minority to think otherwise. Individually we are a very good squad. Snodgrass is a right winger mainly so Bruce has just made the squad more unbalanced as he's already bought one and the one we had already was one of our highest assist makers last year! The last 2 games have shown we can create and score if you get the players to attack more. It'll be interesting where Snodgrass plays and how fit he is now. 

If its a loan to buy I hope there aren't any clauses where, for example, he plays 20 games we have to buy him.

Loan him in sure, but at the end of the season have the right to decide our future. If by some chance we go up we would have a massive amount of players that will need moving on. 

19 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Don't think we actually need him tbh, but I suppose he's (slightly) better than Bacuna at least.

I take it thats sarcasm you cant be seriously suggesting he is onky a bit better than bacuna?

And why are you even comparing a cm to a attacking forward ?!

2 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

If its a loan to buy I hope there aren't any clauses where, for example, he plays 20 games we have to buy him.

Loan him in sure, but at the end of the season have the right to decide our future. If by some chance we go up we would have a massive amount of players that will need moving on. 

If Grealish is back fit by December and ready to contribute, I wonder whether we could in theory terminate the loan early? If we wanted to

Â