Robert Snodgrass

alreadyexists

1 hour ago, LancsVillan said:

Because we have a history of taking that type of player and stopping them from scoring goals or being able to even find someone in the same coloured shirt..... Lansbury and Hourihane came last season with great records of assists and goals, that went well didn't it.  I think a lot depends on how much onus we are putting on building for the future because this signing only holds those developing back further.

If Grealish was fit I'm not sure Snodgrass would be here at all.  Who knows how long it'll take to recover from an injury like that?

Bringing him on loan means he can do a job for season, and not get in anybody's way.  If, say, Green suffered a loss of form and we had nobody else to put in that means he has to keep playing with fans potentially getting on his back.

If this was a 3 year deal I'd be feeling different.  In the circumstances I think it's ideal.

• Like 4

Good point re Jack that @NurembergVillan Bruce is on record as pretty much building our season on his availability and improvement this season. I'm not against the signing per se just I think we do have a lot of similar midfielders now. I keep reading that his dead ball delivery is excellent, so we were told was that of both HL and CH last year..... 

It's a good signing for where we are and as you say for 1 yr, though if we get up I'll put money on us signing him permanently. 

• Like 1

Makes an interesting and clear statement. He's absolutely clear that he is here to play in his best position, on the right or behind the forward. Some shuffling to be done then.

Edited by Barney_avfc

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Always thought his head looked too big for his body, that picture does him no favours.

Bruce and the photographer out

The picture on sky sports is even worse, evry photo of him looks like a really shit job has been done on photoshop

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Barney_avfc said:

Makes an interesting and clear statement. He's absolutely clear that he is here to play in his best position, on the right or behind the forward. Some shuffling to be done then.

I imagine he'll play behind the striker more as we already have Elmo and Albert on the right.

what this will mean for hourihane though is unclear. 

He's an excellent addition to the team and should slot straight into the starting line up.

16 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Hourihane isn't going to play every game, we need to be able to rotate due to the number of fixtures, so this signing makes sense to me. 

What about O'Hare

• Like 1

1 hour ago, poitier said:

This signing seems to be the solution to a problem we don't have.

I think he is a good player, but it perhaps indicates the lack of a clear strategy from the manager.

If Elmo is our 'answer' for right wing so far then we certainly do have a problem. Snodgrass needs to slot in on the right hand side immediately.

7 minutes ago, villarocker said:

His signing scares me to be honest. Bruce said "he can play left, right or off the striker". Ahead of Green, Elmohamady or Hourihane? He better be good to do that!

Doesn't have to  be any good to get in ahead of Elmo. Elmo is probably better suited to right back, although I'd prefer to see Bree be given a go.

why is he good sign for me; these reason.

Snodgrass would be good player left winger in 442 or 4411 as we don't have LEFT foot in left midfield.

Snodgrass would be good player right attacker if we play 433\4231 as he will destory defence with his cut in ability and killer pass.

Snodgrass would be good Attack Midfield if need cover Hourihane, he can long shot and killer pass to feed (hogan to finish off or 1-2-1 with davis, or both 1-2-1 and killer pass with Kojida)

Edited by Danny_Villaman84
  • Like 1

Â