Robert Snodgrass

alreadyexists

14 hours ago, villarocker said:

His signing scares me to be honest. Bruce said "he can play left, right or off the striker". Ahead of Green, Elmohamady or Hourihane? He better be good to do that!

This is the point I've been trying to make, I don't think he improves the first team tbh, he's a decent player and definitely bolsters the squad though I'd also pick Grealish over him when he's back, welcome Snograss 

Players get picked on merit, and that's all I'd ever expect from a football team... if he's the best option he plays if not then someone else does. 

It's a long old season though, and I'm sure he'll play an important point in it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, villarocker said:

His signing scares me to be honest. Bruce said "he can play left, right or off the striker". Ahead of Green, Elmohamady or Hourihane? He better be good to do that!

I'd pick all of them over snodgrass

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

He answers a problem we don't have, will result in greater chopping and changing to keep everyone happy and because Bruce will be further away from an idea of what his best team is, and we already have a cast of thousands. 

I guess he's a good player, or was until January anyway, but I'm not at all excited by this signing. I don't think we needed anyone, but if we did, it was a left-winger, not yet another right-sided player, and one who has basically announced on arrival that he doesn't want to play on the left FFS. 

I fully agree with you 

Players get picked on merit, and that's all I'd ever expect from a football team... if he's the best option he plays if not then someone else does. 

It's a long old season though, and I'm sure he'll play an important point in it.

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

He answers a problem we don't have, will result in greater chopping and changing to keep everyone happy and because Bruce will be further away from an idea of what his best team is, and we already have a cast of thousands. 

I guess he's a good player, or was until January anyway, but I'm not at all excited by this signing. I don't think we needed anyone, but if we did, it was a left-winger, not yet another right-sided player, and one who has basically announced on arrival that he doesn't want to play on the left FFS. 

Depends on where he plays. He plays centrally then I agree, if he plays on the right I disagree. He brings a lot more quality on the right than Elmo and it's clear Bruce doesn't fancy Adomah. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Barney_avfc said:

Makes an interesting and clear statement. He's absolutely clear that he is here to play in his best position, on the right or behind the forward. Some shuffling to be done then.

I really like his confidence. Definitely believes in himself. 

Apparently Permanent fee already set. http://www.footballinsider247.com/aston-villa-fee-agreed-pl-club-29-year-old-attacker-insider/

ASTON VILLA HAVE FEE AGREED WITH PL CLUB FOR 29-YEAR-OLD ATTACKER – INSIDER

Aston Villa have a fee agreed with West Ham to make Robert Snodgrass’ move a permanent one if he reaches clauses in the loan agreement, according to a Hammers insider.

ExWHUemplyee, who is a reliable source of West Ham information has claimed in on a column on The West Ham Way that the east London side will pay around 30% of his £60,000-a-week wages during his loan move and that the Midlands giants have the option to turn the move into a permanent one.

I'm very happy with this signing! Didn't think we would have a chance of signing him. I agree that right wing is not a position we need to strengthen really, but if we have the opportunity to sign a player of his calibre we shouldn't hesitate. If he is fit and in form he must be one of, if not the, best player in the Championship in this position.

• Like 1

We don't score many goals away from home do we. The one we did score at Bristol came from a deflection. Theres no question that we need more quality from wide areas and Snodgrass will give us that. I think its an excellent signing

• Like 2

6 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Not convinced that Bruce picks players on merit.

Â