Glenn Whelan

Jareth

Our whole performance, style of play and approach was far better tonight than Sunday and it's no coincidence that Whelan was miles better tonight. He kept things ticking over and kept everything simple. He was great tonight.  

He did a job tonight, which is hard to get players to do......He is certainly not eye candy, but he disrupts the opposition and unsettles them.

not given enough credit really.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, meregreen said:

I thought he was anonymous. 

And that is what a defensive mid should be to the average football fan. It generally means he's doing his job right and allowing the rest of the team to do theirs. Usually when they're not it means they've made a mistake 

• Like 2

On 10/30/2017 at 20:32, alreadyexists said:

Doesn't sound like we actually do play that many long balls, at least comparatively speaking with the rest of the league, at least much below the average. I think people just filling the match thread with the word ‘hoof’ perhaps makes people think we play more than we do... maybe, I’m no statistician. 

Might be better if they actually went to watch the matches. 

Glenn Whelan has turned it around for sure. I'm not remotely surprised. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I'm guessing he's another one of those players who's great because he goes 'unnoticed'.
Don't rate him, would prefer to have Onomah's energy deeper. Whelan looks slow to me and always looks to pass backwards at the first opportunity.

He might get unnoticed by casual fans or people who don't understand what a CDM should do.... 

• Like 1

You have to watch the game very carefully to appreciate him.

does the ugly stuff, that some fans think, doesn't have to be done....sorry.

not a technician.....more a demolition expert.

Edited by TRO

Â