Glenn Whelan

Jareth

Too small and slow, we need more energy in the middle. I don't think his distribution has been enough of a plus to keep him in the team, he makes more backwards passes than Westwood. I would go with Lansbury or Onomah rather than Jedi, I think lack of mobility is one of our problems.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, screwdriver said:

He always gets it turns 180° and gives the ball back to the centre halves. and then just stands there instead of moving into space for a return pass

Michael Carrick syndrome. 

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

Whelan and Hourihane can't play in a midfield together.  It's way too slow and ponderous. 

Great spot, they both get steamrollered by superior athletes. In the centre we are weak and lack pace. I'd honestly bring Onomah back into the fold, he is far more dynamic than both of them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Great spot, they both get steamrollered by superior athletes. In the centre we are weak and lack pace. I'd honestly bring Onomah back into the fold, he is far more dynamic than both of them.

The only person that can't see it is Bruce. In terms of Hourinane I can only assume Bruce never watched Barnsley play. He needs two runners around him. Whelan can only run for 45 mins at best and not very quickly while he is at it

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I'm suprised he was an ever present for Stoke. Looks poor for us. Maybe needs better players around him?

might be a coincidence but Stoke are leaking a lot of goals since he left

He is so slow. And I don't mean pace. I mean when the ball gets to him he always seems to have to take an extra touch or an extra look up before he does anything with it.

He's always a step behind the rest of our team, and we're not exactly the quickest team in the league at reacting and passing!

Jedinak is head an shoulders a better player than Whelan. The sooner he's back in the team the better.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

Should have gone for Barry - he has that really bad habit of passing to his team mates 

Barry wouldn't have come. He was chasing that PL record.

Maybe next year, if we're still down here.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Barry wouldn't have come. He was chasing that PL record.

Maybe next year, if we're still down here.

Well you can say this - but we never tested the water did we - who knows maybe the lure of a return to VP might have swung it?

Â