Ahmed Elmohamady

Phumfeinz

Put in some decent first time crosses,  but way off the pace and only useful when we were on top. Needs to be the emergency option off the bench he was before Cash injury,  which means Kessler has to start (or recall Guilbert).

Brilliant pro but should go with our best wishes end of the season.

Fine for playing likes of Burnley and Newcastle but today was a little too much.

I actually though he might've got sent off second half as Barnes was central and ahead of him and our other defenders were a bit behind so that would've been interesting if that happened and who we'd have stuck at RB next week.

Elmos a nice guy and dont want to be harsh on him as he has been a loyal servant.  It wasnt for a lack of effort, but age catching up with him now and certainly not up to the standard we require to progress. 

Wish him well for the summer but its time to move him on.

• Like 1

He actually did well apart from the goals, he made some great interceptions and was positive with his passing.

Of course we can't afford to have those mistakes but I back up the above that it's a bloody tough game to be thrown into at his age and lack of game time. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, PaulC said:

Not his fault hes coming into to replace a really good right back against one of the best wingers in the league.  Cash would have struggled today. 

I think Cash kept Barnes quiet last time we played Leicester

5 hours ago, Farlz said:

It was rough at times today for Elmo. It was to be expected though really, Cash is a far superior fullback the difference in quality is huge. 

The Cash injury is almost as bad for us as Grealish. 

It's a really good point. Grealish is our biggest loss when injured, but then I'd have Cash, Targett and Watkins not far behind.

12 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

He actually did well apart from the goals, he made some great interceptions and was positive with his passing.

Of course we can't afford to have those mistakes but I back up the above that it's a bloody tough game to be thrown into at his age and lack of game time. 

When did he last start a game? Or play for that matter? He's a good professional, but not a starter on this level and at his age. I don't mind his performance at all, and think he'll do better against Leeds.

48 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

When did he last start a game? Or play for that matter? He's a good professional, but not a starter on this level and at his age. I don't mind his performance at all, and think he'll do better against Leeds.

Cash was suspended around Christmas that was his last start 

Â