Ahmed Elmohamady

Phumfeinz

thought the worst when i saw him starting at centre back - mainly because I always considered him to be a fairly slight build of a fella. But he was very composed. I suppose the likes of Cannavaro prove that its not all about having a hulking great lump at centre back

3 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

thought the worst when i saw him starting at centre back - mainly because I always considered him to be a fairly slight build of a fella. But he was very composed. I suppose the likes of Cannavaro prove that its not all about having a hulking great lump at centre back

I did a double take too when I saw starting line up but so glad he bossed it. Love him as a player for our club and Dean and the coaching staff for recognising him

Edited by Kiwivillan

7 hours ago, Folski said:

I am sorry but I do not understand what anyone sees in the guy. I honestly think I would do a better job than him.

He's not a CB? Vokes is an experienced CF who kept pulling on to the shorter than him Fullback playing at centre back which helped stoke to get ahead in the first half.

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies if this is old news but I've just seen Elmo's gif from Amazon Prime and it's a cracker

giphy.gif

95% of the others I've seen have been shitty nods or fist pumps but this legend just breaks these moves out.

I was on the fence over who I'd prefer as RB cover but this has settled it.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Apologies if this is old news but I've just seen Elmo's gif from Amazon Prime and it's a cracker

giphy.gif

95% of the others I've seen have been shitty nods or fist pumps but this legend just breaks these moves out.

I was on the fence over who I'd prefer as RB cover but this has settled it.

He's an absolute boss 

On 16/10/2020 at 13:38, barry'sboots said:

Cash > Guilbert > Kessler > Elmo for me!  And I haven't even seen Kessler play.  Madness to let Guilbert go out as we could push Cash forward to RW and drop Guilbert in at RB if we were out of wide options.

It is what I would do against Leicester if maddison is playing. Their game plan is the overload down the left with maddison, tielemans and Barnes and their full back and sometimes vardy. To compensate we need to have a midfielder on maddison at all times, and we need a solid defensive triangle of our rb, RW and cb. Obviously konsa is sorted but against Liverpool it felt trez and cash were bypassed very easily and Leicester will have more players and better players on the flanks. 

On 16/10/2020 at 14:38, barry'sboots said:

Cash > Guilbert > Kessler > Elmo for me!  And I haven't even seen Kessler play.  Madness to let Guilbert go out as we could push Cash forward to RW and drop Guilbert in at RB if we were out of wide options.

Smith and Terry sees them in the training ground every day.

If they feel Elmo is the better RB you should trust their judgement.

On 18/10/2020 at 08:30, villalad21 said:

Smith and Terry sees them in the training ground every day.

If they feel Elmo is the better RB you should trust their judgement.

Not much point in having a discussion forum if we all just accept that Smith & Terry know best??

I think they are doing a grand job - particularly post project re-start - but that doesn't mean I agree with every decision they take.

9 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

Not much point in having a discussion forum if we all just accept that Smith & Terry know best??

I think they are doing a grand job - particularly post project re-start - but that doesn't mean I agree with every decision they take.

Elmo was crucial in us staying up in the first place. Remember his goal against Newcastle, as well as some vital crosses.

Maybe they have seen that and trust him more.

He also has a good understanding and chemistry with Trezeguet. Our starting rwf. As well as being a important and popular figure in the dressing room.

When you think about it him being backup for Cash makes sense.

Edited by villalad21

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Elmo was crucial in us staying up in the first place. Remember his goal against Newcastle, as well as some vital crosses.

Maybe they have seen that and trust him more.

Just debating and, as you say, it will be Smith's decision but I would rather have Guilbert's energy, dynamism, bite and 110% (and we have seen all of this in the games he plays) as opposed to Elmo's occasional looped in cross from just inside the half way line (slight exageration!).

• 3 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

if he's our back up then he needs to start the next game after Cash's horror showing against Southampton.

I think his mauling against Harrison, may have a bearing on this.

AEM coming on was preparation for him starting at Arsenal imo, get half hour of premier league football in his legs.

Didn't cash play a fair bit for Forest on the right wing so that may be an option but would require us to reshape the midfield which I doubt we'll do.

• 1 month later...
Â