Ahmed Elmohamady

Phumfeinz

Elmo did a grand job today, didn't really do anything wrong, he did turn his back sometimes, Leeds players nearly got the better of him but he turned quick to make up for it and put the pressure back on.

1 hour ago, Jono62 said:

Thought he was ok today.

That is the most underestimated response to a performance I think I've ever seen. For me, he was brilliant. 

Before today's game it was being suggested he be replaced by a youngster who would be making his senior debut in the Premier League. Elmo was brilliant and never put a foot wrong. Ultimate professional and it's no surprise why Smith and Co would want to keep him at the club. 

He's the sort of player you need, an experienced player who doesn't moan and can come in and be solid. Quite a versatile player too. I wouldn't mind offering him another year but I think there'll be a club out there that offers him a longer deal. 

Mr Reliable. I hope he stays at Villa. He just always does the job required of him.  

edit: by stay at villa, I kinda mean in a coaching capacity when he can no longer be relied on as a back up. I think he’s probably got one season left in him but I’d like him to hang around. Strikes me as a model pro and I swear he’s been playing since the end of WWII. 

Edited by Spoony
  • Like 1

Â