Ahmed Elmohamady

Phumfeinz

Ok, I'm apparantly the only one who thought that he wasnt that good. Way to easy for McNeil to go past him. There was one occasion in the first half where McNeil was strolling past both Elmo and Traore and none of them could be assed to follow him and  lost to many easy passes passing it to Burnley players

Elmo is reliable and he show it yesterday, even i don't keep him... he become make me would happy see him play for 2nd choice over guilbert in defend term.

Only thing i were gut is not play Guilbert as i think the games was suit for him overlap to BYLINE or inside box to low cross to Watkins, as Elmo often accuracy and dangerous whip crossing into box from DEEP.

I wish he more running BYLINE would whip very good cross rather DEEP. He did it one out of all cross and this part make Burnley more panic and Watkins was dash near goal yet Burnley able stop it before happen it is better chance Elmo give Watkins in the night match.

Problem he crossing best accuracy yet wastefully because we don't have target man as Watkins is not Target man (Header) he is more feet that header or dash to close box to use header rather command in centre of box and power accuracy header, out tower to all defender couldn't match or stop him score a goal like we use have Benteke. This reason Burnley able stop and defend this crossing.

That reason I prefer Guilbert over Cash and Elmo in a offence term for supply to Watkins like Targett did in other side. yet reverse defence term Cash and Elmo better choice.

Edited by Danny_Villaman84
forget grammar rules in some area.

His crossing is usually always good and it helps us out. Sometimes You cant always win all your duels onthe pitch a d enough was done to keep Burnley out.

• Like 1

Elmo is Mr Reliable and will pretty much always give a 6 or 7 out of 10 performance. Great player to have in the squad as can cover a number of positions and also a very good character in the dressing room by all accounts. As others have said the best 1 mill we have spent in years.

Having said all of that looking forward to Cash being back tomorrow.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

I saw this in another thread, and ever single game you see Elmo literally kicking every ball, and he is always the first to congratulate the guys on social media. 

I know some may comment on this with ' thousands of pounds a week to be a cheerleader'

But I think it says so much about the blokes character and team spirit that he seems to live every kick even though he's getting very little game time.

Probably the best £1m the club has spent in recent years. You can never have enough of these sort of characters around the place. 

14 minutes ago, av1 said:

I saw this in another thread, and ever single game you see Elmo literally kicking every ball, and he is always the first to congratulate the guys on social media. 

I know some may comment on this with ' thousands of pounds a week to be a cheerleader'

But I think it says so much about the blokes character and team spirit that he seems to live every kick even though he's getting very little game time.

Probably the best £1m the club has spent in recent years. You can never have enough of these sort of characters around the place. 

I wonder if he'll move into coaching when his deal expires - seems the sort.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, av1 said:

Interesting.

34 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I hope so. Like I said, I don't think a club can have too many of these characters around the place. He genuinely seems like a really top bloke. 

3 hours ago, lexicon said:

I've been thinking myself he's exactly the sort of character we should support to do their badges and with a job. It wouldn't surprise me if he's already doing them, but unfortunately I don't think he'll be ready to stop playing this summer. 

Â