Ahmed Elmohamady

Phumfeinz

4 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I've been thinking myself he's exactly the sort of character we should support to do their badges and with a job. It wouldn't surprise me if he's already doing them, but unfortunately I don't think he'll be ready to stop playing this summer. 

If we do we give him the title "head of swag crossing and dropping deliveries onto a postage stamp". 

4 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I actually think he will do okay for the few games he stands in for Cash.

I will dread this thread for next few weeks. Barnes vs Elmo could be bad, Leeds we have seen target him before in the Championship 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I will dread this thread for next few weeks. Barnes vs Elmo could be bad, Leeds we have seen target him before in the Championship 

Yes but that was before his hair transplant. Everyone knows how a hair transplant gives you more confidence and vigour. 

• Haha 1

Think he has been class supporting and pushing the lads, always positive online, proper solid squad player, his experience will see him through but we need a midfield 3 while Cash is out, we need do everything to help cover as opposition will target him.

• Like 2

Not ideal circumstances, but I’m actually looking forward to seeing Elmo back in the team now. His all round game is not as good as Cash but Elmo’s crossing is better, especially from deep positions. Might freshen things up down the right to try someone new, as it’s been no where near as good as the attack down left side last few games.

1 hour ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Might freshen things up down the right to try someone new, as it’s been no where near as good as the attack down left side last few games

More to do with the world-class left winger than who shows up at full back I would say, but agree I think Elmo will do ok for a few games.

4 hours ago, TRO said:

Elmo is not great, but a tad underated Imo....he spots danger and can head the ball.

I feel ok...with him standing in.

I agree, he's an experienced pro, and solid enough, don't remember him letting us down too many times. He'll play differently to Cash of course, but there's more than one way to be effective. His crossing is always an added bonus.

I'd imagine he has more career Premier League appearances than anyone else in the squad.

Edited by Teale's 'tache
typo in my typo
  • Like 1

On 14/02/2021 at 22:46, DCJonah said:

I'm concerned with him long term. Having said that he hasn't really ever let us down. 

I still think Elmo for £1 million has to be one of the best signings we've made in a long time. 

Personally I think him replacing injured Hutton was instrumental in our 10 game winning run and promotion

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

I agree, he's an experienced pro, and solid enough, don't remember him letting us down too many times. He'll play differently to Cash of course, but there's more than one way to be effective. His crossing is always an added bonus.

I'd imagine he has more career Premier League appearances than anyone else in the squad.

Barkley has the most appearances then Elmo then Taylor

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

If Brendan Rodgers was over Villa Kesler would be getting his chance. For as good a servant and professional Elmo has been he is too slow for the PL at this stage of his career.

I think so to, Elmo should never be starting ,fine to come off the bench with 10 Mins to go 

Â