Ahmed Elmohamady

Phumfeinz

24 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Keep him around. I'm sure he'll still get games. And an experienced guy behind the scenes, we don't have many of those left now.

Completely agree. He also has a very good cross on him and rarely puts a foot wrong when called upon.

If it wasn't for his whipped cross that set-up El Ghazi in the POF who knows where we would be.

• Like 2

Elmo seems to have been around the English game forever and he's looked about 35 for nearly as long. I always get shocked when I remember he's 32. If he had pace he'd still be quality. 

he knows he's a bit part player at Villa and he equally knows he'll never be at a bigger club than he is right now. he has one more season on his contract and there's nothing wrong with keeping him here. If he becomes our first choice full-back then we're having a bad season again and the problem won't be that we're playing Elmo. 

• Like 2

I'm sure he'll be happy staying, he'll get a much better next contract with the buying team having to pay nothing to us, and the same teams that might be interested in him now would still be interested in him next year.

I do think we'd sell him if we get a decent offer, but don't think it would be worth doing so given the rest of the turnover that needs to happen and the fact I think he'd be happy staying as a sub 

Guess it all depends on if we will have room in our 25 man squad for 3 right backs when you consider Konsa can play there too. Might see him depart to the championship in the extended domestic window.

• Like 1

All depends on who we bring in and how many players I guess. And of course which other players leave.

25 man senior squad, we currently have 4 senior keepers, 4 CB's, 2 LB's, 2 RB's (3 including Bree who is leaving right?) 5 CM's, 4 wide players, and 4 attackers.

I imagine some will be shipped out to make room for hopefully much better players. Squad size will still be 25 thou unless they adjust it.

8 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Unless we desperately need the cash, and if there's not a place for him this season, I'd much prefer us to loan him out somewhere he's likely to play most games.

Another factor aswell that he might be homesick and doesn't fancy it anymore?

28 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I would start Guillbert. (Unless he's off?)

To me Guilbert is too incosistent and he cannot cross.

With Emo i know what expect. A solid 6/10 performance every week. Also has a good cross on him.

Edited by villalad21

• 2 weeks later...
Â