John Terry

Farlz

Said before you look at his social media, jetting off to his holiday homes whenever he gets the chance, out and about with the lads, golfing, training with his wife, enjoying himself, definitely a family man, don't know where he actually lives but he lives a good life

Management is a commitment that takes a lot of that away

I'm not sure he wants it

• Like 4

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

If he leaves Villa and massively flops as a manager it may be difficult for him to find his way back into football. Except punditry.

At Villa he is relatively secure. He won't take the blame when things go bad and he always have a stable job to go to with one of the best training facilities in the country.

It's not very often people actually want to leave Aston Villa. And that a great testament to the club.

I know but Lampard started off at Derby. If he wants to tick over at villa fair enough. But there seems enough decent jobs out there at the mo - Watford, Bristol C, Bournemouth..

47 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Said before you look at his social media, jetting off to his holiday homes whenever he gets the chance, out and about with the lads, golfing, training with his wife, enjoying himself, definitely a family man, don't know where he actually lives but he lives a good life

I'm not sure he wants it

Agree, he will eventually do it but not anytime soon imo

20 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I'm not sure he wants it

He can kiss goodbye to those abs if he does take up management.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, villa4europe said:

JT still lives in Surrey I believe. Around Oxshott/Cobham. Probably neighbours with @tonyh29 :) 

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

JT still lives in Surrey I believe. Around Oxshott/Cobham. Probably neighbours with @tonyh29 :) 

Christ alive.  Look at the satellite view of Oxshott on Google Maps an you would think you were looking at somewhere in Spain the number of swimming pools you can seen

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Christ alive.  Look at the satellite view of Oxshott on Google Maps an you would think you were looking at somewhere in Spain the number of swimming pools you can seen

Something we need to remember when we argue playing for a London club is not a lifestyle draw for these guys vs being in Birmingham or Newcastle etc. Yes, absolutely there are nice houses around the area, but not like these ridiculous towns in Surrey or Cheshire where so many of these players like to end up, with four other players as their neighbours.

11 hours ago, nnock1984 said:

I’ve heard done deal to Bournemouth from the guy who called Dean Smith - we’ll see. . .

Well he clearly knows nothing on this one. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Wrong side of the A3 , he lives in the shit hole part of Surrey :) 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Well he clearly knows nothing on this one. 

Exactly - he called Smith and won me some money. But since then has been wrong on this and on Belotti last summer. I think he got lucky by the looks of it!! 

He also said Watkins done by mid next week, but I think any of us could say that at this point. 

On 07/08/2020 at 20:26, villalad21 said:

If he leaves Villa and massively flops as a manager it may be difficult for him to find his way back into football. Except punditry.

At Villa he is relatively secure. He won't take the blame when things go bad and he always have a stable job to go to with one of the best training facilities in the country.

It's not very often people actually want to leave Aston Villa. And that a great testament to the club.

Not sure job security matters to JT. As an elite footballer in the era of massive salaries, he's been set up for life financially.

Whatever he does from now on will be driven by personal ambition. I suspect he won't be able to resist leaving Villa at some point, but if he's sensible he'll stick around for a while. Lots of valuable lessons to be learnt watching a team progress from mid-table in the Championship to hopefully being a stable mid table / top 10 team in the PL.

My sense is on match days, Smith defers more to Terry than he does to O'Kelly, but he rates O'Kelly more on the training ground. Could well be wrong, but just a hunch from watching how they all interact.

Will be interesting to see how the balance shifts with Shakespeare involved. It's definitely a possibility that Terry leaves this summer, but IMO he'd benefit from one more season of watching things develop at Villa.

• Like 2

With all the talks of him being a manager to a championship team, now with Lampard's Chelsea being finished for the season, i wonder if there will be any temptation of them trying to get JT as part of their backroom staff, especially all the talks of getting their defence sorted (obviously no one knows whether JT was responsible for our defence this season)

• 4 weeks later...

This has been key for most clubs I imagine and no doubt it took longer for some clubs than others to get with the times.

We often hear about the Roman revolution of 2003, where Abramovich’s spending elevated an ascending Chelsea into a European power.

But long before that there was another whole stage of growth, which saw the Blues go from no-hopers into a modern club.

After coming through the youth team, where players would tuck in to burgers and chips and not think much about their bodies beyond the end of a training session, he was there when three Italian players who changed the way the club thought about the game outside the pitch:

“We were lucky at Chelsea because we signed Zola, Gullit and Vialli and they turned up at the training ground and said, ‘where’s the food, where’s the protein? We need a bigger gym, we need to stretch more’.

“They took it to another level and I was really lucky to be around those players at that stage of my career.”

https://www.chelsea-news.co/2020/09/john-terry-explained-three-foreign-signings-took-chelsea-another-level/

9 minutes ago, sne said:

We often hear about the Roman revolution of 2003, where Abramovich’s spending elevated an ascending Chelsea into a European power.

But long before that there was another whole stage of growth, which saw the Blues go from no-hopers into a modern club.

After coming through the youth team, where players would tuck in to burgers and chips and not think much about their bodies beyond the end of a training session, he was there when three Italian players who changed the way the club thought about the game outside the pitch:

“We were lucky at Chelsea because we signed Zola, Gullit and Vialli and they turned up at the training ground and said, ‘where’s the food, where’s the protein? We need a bigger gym, we need to stretch more’.

“They took it to another level and I was really lucky to be around those players at that stage of my career.”

1811.jpg

Oops.

Â