John Terry

Farlz

9 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Chelsea job is massive pressure though.

Imagine being sacked there when you're a legend at the club.

Lampard only got the job due to the transfer embargo and the mangers they approached before him turned them down  ..  Board decided he was popular with the fans and could steady the ship until they could get someone else in , he probably surprised them a little but getting a top 4 spot ( assuming they get it)    , but they will  most likely ditch him in an instant next season if they aren't competing for the title .

they won't be giving the job to JT anytime soon

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Lampard only got the job due to the transfer embargo and the mangers they approached before him turned them down  ..  Board decided he was popular with the fans and could steady the ship until they could get someone else in , he probably surprised them a little but getting a top 4 spot ( assuming they get it)    , but they will  most likely ditch him in an instant next season if they aren't competing for the title .

they won't be giving the job to JT anytime soon

Not sure I totally agree with all that - I think the background you set out is 100% correct on how he got the job BUT I think Lampard and especially Terry both have a weirdly close bond with Abramovich, so I think they both have a solid chance of various jobs within the Chelsea structure and when in the hotseat lots of patience vs most of the managers he appoints. But I agree I don’t think Terry is about to take over there tomorrow whatever!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Not sure I totally agree with all that - I think the background you set out is 100% correct on how he got the job BUT I think Lampard and especially Terry both have a weirdly close bond with Abramovich, so I think they both have a solid chance of various jobs within the Chelsea structure and when in the hotseat lots of patience vs most of the managers he appoints. But I agree I don’t think Terry is about to take over there tomorrow whatever!

When they sacked Wilkins , Terry walked up to the Directors table at meal time and called them all a bunch of words removed ... I'm not sure if Abramovich was present at that time or not , but I can imagine a few of them wouldn't be happy to see him back :)

30 minutes ago, Five Ken McNaughts said:

At least one prediction about tomorrow’s game is pretty easy to make. At some point the camera will cut to an exasperated Dean Smith trying to get some input from Terry, who will stay silent, avoid eye contact, and carry on chewing his gum with a vaguely bored expression. Inspirational.

Part if it does make you think.. Does he himself have one eye on the job (with a silent assurance from Purslow?)

I don't think John Terry will become a good manager. Lampard is gaining good experience and he always had good a tactical brain when playing. John Terry is more of a motivational inspirational type bloke.

I remember hearing that last season in the training ground, Whelan and Jedinak has extremely high standards, and wouldn’t let the players off with any slack attitude or drop in effort. As a Player you’d imagine Terry was exactly the same, which is why many including myself always thought he be a good coach. You do have to wonder whether he is doing that as an assistant coach, or whether he himself like Smith is just too nice and wants to keep everyone happy.

On paper he should become a good manager due to his experience with top class coaches however that means nothing, far too many times we have seen a top class player become a poor manager.

He is our appointment not DS, which may mean if he doesn’t take the Bristol job it’s because he will be considered for the manager role here.

My qualm with JT is that he cannot detach himself from Chelsea. What happens if he leads us to the premier league and we play Chelsea?

Really hope Terry is not part of the coaching set up or even worse manager here next season. He's not the problem, but I'm convinced he's not the solution either.

• Like 2

If he couldnt do his job now this season,he sure as hell not going to do it if he was put in charge here. Sure hes not had full control but JT should of had some positive influence this season and has not.

I vote no, maybe down the line if he succeeds else where then yes but now, so green in a season that again is so crucial we gain a footing quickly I wouldnt risk it.

We need someone who has experience now, someone who has alot under his belt who's done it all before and can work with and mould a team with success in mind, dont ask me who though I just have not a clue.

Terry might be a crap coach but he is only part of the team ...I'd love to be Richard O'Kelly as this point he seems to be getting away scott free in the blame game.

I wonder if I went on any other clubs forums how many would have thread dedicated to a coach and slating him/praising him for the clubs position  

• Like 1

Terry could be an amazing coach for all we know. Smith may just be ignoring his ideas and undoing his defensive work with his god awful tactics. 

5 hours ago, Nabby said:

Terry might be a crap coach but he is only part of the team ...I'd love to be Richard O'Kelly as this point he seems to be getting away scott free in the blame game.

I wonder if I went on any other clubs forums how many would have thread dedicated to a coach and slating him/praising him for the clubs position  

I think we have always had an issue with big name assistants or coaches. Keane, Wilkins, Calderwood or Steve Clarke the threads were always busy. Nobody knew what they did or what the role was but because they were a big name they were expected to be transforming the team

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jim said:

Terry could be an amazing coach for all we know. Smith may just be ignoring his ideas and undoing his defensive work with his god awful tactics. 

John Terry or no John Terry. Dean Smith had suspect defensive records wherever he's been.

Terry was kinda forced on Smith by the board , wonder if the plan was to groom him for the job long term ?

guess all will be revealed in the next week or so once the fall out from our relegation kicks in 

Â